• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comics & Comix closed down: Scandal news story in Sac bee

12 posts in this topic

2 thoughts...

1) Looks like there's an opening for anyone wanting to open a comic shop business in West Coast side of California...

2) I guess it really is hard to make a good living selling comics... !

And when you're sending invoices to unwitting consumers, for $10k a pop, don't you think you ought to spring for decent letterhead? Sheesh!

The Comics & Comix chain has been going steadily downhill for many years. The Berkeley shop hasn't been worth wandering into for at least a decade.

This is one of those instances in which, if the guy had channeled all his energy into his 'real' business, he'd probably have been successful - or would have at least had a shot at success. But when you're running around screw-ing people out of their hard-earned cash with bogus stocks and none-existent DVD collections, you don't have much time left for legitimate work...

And when you're sending invoices to unwitting consumers, for $10k a pop, don't you think you ought to spring for decent letterhead? Sheesh!

The Comics & Comix chain has been going steadily downhill for many years. The Berkeley shop hasn't been worth wandering into for at least a decade.

Yes.. I rarely go to that store and I usually don't end up buying anything. Mostly new comics and posters. Not a great trade paperback selection. Lots of wasted space. I heard they had a 25% off sale as they were closing... but even that wasn't enough to get me to go check it out.