• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WOOHOO! Finally done scanning!

22 posts in this topic

WHEW!!!

It took quite an effort the last 2 days but i FINALLY got all my slabs scanned and entered into my registry (sufunk15) . The other day i was only at like 70% but i spent about 6 hours today annoying the hell out of my wife by scanning books and finished them all! :banana:

It only shows me at 97% because i have about 20+ books on the way that i entered into my registry but havent received yet but as soon as those get here and scan them, i SHOULD be at 100%! (although i probably missed 1 or 2 books somewhere :( )

Only 3 people ahead of me in the registry have EVERY one of their slabs scanned and entered so this shoots me right to the top of the nerd heap! :acclaim:

:applause: Good to hear! I think I'll pop in for a look (thumbs u

By the way, did you win that Shanna book? Went for a nice price!

No! :censored:

I put in a half bid of $75 yesterday and was plannin on going to $95 tonight and totally forgot about it while scanning books!

It went for $76 doh!

WHEW!!!

It took quite an effort the last 2 days but i FINALLY got all my slabs scanned and entered into my registry (sufunk15) . The other day i was only at like 70% but i spent about 6 hours today annoying the hell out of my wife by scanning books and finished them all! :banana:

It only shows me at 97% because i have about 20+ books on the way that i entered into my registry but havent received yet but as soon as those get here and scan them, i SHOULD be at 100%! (although i probably missed 1 or 2 books somewhere :( )

Only 3 people ahead of me in the registry have EVERY one of their slabs scanned and entered so this shoots me right to the top of the nerd heap! :acclaim:

nice job on the scans and great Marvel 1st issue set ! (thumbs u

--Phil

WHEW!!!

nice job on the scans and great Marvel 1st issue set ! (thumbs u

--Phil

Thank you! I gotta give props to seanfingh on that one since probably 1/3rd of those 1st issues came from him (worship)

I still have a lot of work to go on the set but it's going to take a LONG time since I've put that on the back burner to concentrate on my Avengers run. I'll never come close to filling the 1st issue registry set though since I only get IMO true 1st issues. I'm not really getting the giant-size's, the one shots or the ones after 1980 which all have a bunch in the registry set.

It is a lot of fun to look thru all those 1st issues with my son. He thinks all 1st issues must be really expensive like an Action 1 or a FF1 so no matter how many times I try to explain it, he thinks those books are worth like a billion dollars! lol

What scanner do you use?

The one I have is a photo scanner and it does not like slabs. So i'm looking around for something that will scan slabs ok.

I have the microtek i800. Definitely was a little pricey but it works great for slabs.

Great work on those scans.

That is a beautiful collection you have there.

I've been ploughing through my raw collection trying to scan about 20,000 floppies. It has to be the most tedious and time consuming aspect of collecting.

Anybody know where I can get a helper monkey with above average IT skills???

Great work on those scans.

That is a beautiful collection you have there.

I've been ploughing through my raw collection trying to scan about 20,000 floppies. It has to be the most tedious and time consuming aspect of collecting.

Anybody know where I can get a helper monkey with above average IT skills???

lol

Tell me about it! I wish my kids were a couple of years older so i could make them do it as part of their chores hm

After I scan them, I use Photoshop to resize them down to 480 by 770. That works for 99% of them but for some reason like 1 of a 100 I have to resize down to 470 by whatever for it to fit (shrug)

Ok, i got my Clink auction wins in today and scanned them and am only at 99% so i think im missing 1 or 2 books.

Is there an easier way to figure out which one im missing than going thru every single set listing? When i hit comic list, it doesnt show wether or not those books have images so i dont know of any other way to find the missing scans.

Is there an easy way or do i have to go thru every one of my registry sets to figure out whats missing?