• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Words of wisdom for future fathers with comics...

17 posts in this topic

Don't combine comic rooms and nurseries.

The second floor of our house is just two giant rooms. Until one year ago, one of those rooms was our bedroom and one was my comic/toy/computer room. When we found out we were expecting, I cleared our half the comic room to use as a nursery.

I thought, "That's cool, I can keep an eye on the baby while I'm playing with my comics after she goes to bed." This was my folly! Between work and helping my wife in the evenings, I barely have time to get at my books :cry: I certainly can't do anything as loud as moving a box or using tape in the same room as a sleeping baby.

So lesson learned; hobby rooms and baby rooms should be seperate.

Been lucky so far. My daughter has stayed away from my books (I do have them socked away in a closet).

She does, however, have a fondness for cleaning supplies under the kitchen sink. We took our eyes off of her the other day for a minute and she had started to windex the kitchen floor. doh!lol

Wait until she's three, and realizes that those comics make awesome sounds when she rips through them.

That is a distinct sound isn't it? My son was about 4 when he tore the cover in half to an ASM 52 I believe. :cry:

That went into his box of comics that he reads all the time now.

Wait until she's three, and realizes that those comics make awesome sounds when she rips through them.

Right! I moved my stuff into a closet with a deadbolt WELL out of reach of little hands.

I am currently trying to sell/organize to prevent my 2 year old from continuing her comic destruction.

Luckily for me, my books are on the bookcases just beyond the stereo equipment. My son's eyes light up as he runs for the books, but he never gets past the shiny stereo with all the buttons he can push to make things turn on (took me 30 minutes to figure how to get the TV back on last time).

Combining comics with a nursery? lol

Mine are kept in a locked room in the fortress of solitude, a.k.a. my basement -- far, far away from baby.

I'm dreading the day that my 20 month-old can maneuver the stairs and get into my comic room. That day looms over me like Armageddon does to Pat Robertson.

Don't combine comic rooms and nurseries.

The second floor of our house is just two giant rooms. Until one year ago, one of those rooms was our bedroom and one was my comic/toy/computer room. When we found out we were expecting, I cleared our half the comic room to use as a nursery.

I thought, "That's cool, I can keep an eye on the baby while I'm playing with my comics after she goes to bed." This was my folly! Between work and helping my wife in the evenings, I barely have time to get at my books :cry: I certainly can't do anything as loud as moving a box or using tape in the same room as a sleeping baby.

So lesson learned; hobby rooms and baby rooms should be seperate.

No how, no way!

hm 20-month old. You're about 10 days away from him / her managing the stairs. Be afraid, very afraid ...

My books are in the basement and either in boxes or higher up so she just likes to empty my bookshelves (the ones with actual books) but she also likes to bend the comics in the comic book rack: grabbing the last one and bending the whole row forward seems like fun to her lol Thank goodness, it's my collection of low grade Classics in there + she'd rather push buttons on the computer ...

my son (4 yrs old) whenever we visit my parents (that's where i keep my collections)(co'z the wife would not let 10 long boxes of comics and 10 big boxes of transfromers toys and lego near our house) always, always wants to go to my old room. and whenever he enters it, you can see the small sparkle in his eyes (the same sparkle when we go to Toys R Us)

when he turned 3 yrs old, he wanted to open my mint-in-box (never opened) MP Optimus Prime and Megatron. He also thinks that comics are his coloring books.

I let him play with old, less than $1 comics and for now, he's satisfied with it. BUT his eyes still lights up whenever he sees my Ult Spiderman Wht CGC 9.8 (he loves spidey)

maybe one day, he'll inherit all my stuff

(over my dead frozen body) :devil:

I sold my 10 year old girl 25 long boxes of $1 books for $75. She put them on the floor under my tables at Heroes Con.

She paid me the $75 within an 1-1/2 hours and finished the show with $500.00.

She loved it!

(and I put the $75 into her savings account)