• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HA bidders, help please

36 posts in this topic

The live bidding really sux if you have any internet lag during that time. I was bidding on a book a couple of months ago and as bidding got heavy, so did the lag. I even timed out towards the end and when I was finally able to log back in, the auction closed. They were really pushing all the auctions out the door as soon as possible and were shutting them down if they didn't see another bid within seconds.

I've never participated in the live bidding by phone, only through the internet. Fortunately, I have not had any problems with lag when I was bidding, but I have experienced it when I was just watching. If your secret internet max bid (which is treated as any other proxy bid) is not really your max bid and you are dying to get the book, I would participate in the live bidding by phone to protect against internet problems.

I do not know how to get a call from them for phone bidding. I have been the high bidder through the internet process before and did not receive a call when that lot came up. I do not know if there is some way you need to indicate that you want a call from them, if they call you only for featured items, or how it works, but I would not count on that occurring automatically. If I were you, I'd look into it before the auction to make sure it is clear with Heritage that you want to be on the phone when the lot comes up and clarify how that happens. Don't just be sitting next to the phone waiting for a call, when your date goes to the prom with someone else.

The live bidding really sux if you have any internet lag during that time. I was bidding on a book a couple of months ago and as bidding got heavy, so did the lag. I even timed out towards the end and when I was finally able to log back in, the auction closed. They were really pushing all the auctions out the door as soon as possible and were shutting them down if they didn't see another bid within seconds.

I've never participated in the live bidding by phone, only through the internet. Fortunately, I have not had any problems with lag when I was bidding, but I have experienced it when I was just watching. If your secret internet max bid (which is treated as any other proxy bid) is not really your max bid and you are dying to get the book, I would participate in the live bidding by phone to protect against internet problems.

I do not know how to get a call from them for phone bidding. I have been the high bidder through the internet process before and did not receive a call when that lot came up. I do not know if there is some way you need to indicate that you want a call from them, if they call you only for featured items, or how it works, but I would not count on that occurring automatically. If I were you, I'd look into it before the auction to make sure it is clear with Heritage that you want to be on the phone when the lot comes up and clarify how that happens. Don't just be sitting next to the phone waiting for a call, when your date goes to the prom with someone else.

The email said to reply to it with a phone # and lot # that you want to bid on over the phone so thats what i did. I'm not sure if i will even bid higher if needed but i guess we'll see if i even receive a call when my book comes up (shrug)

So, did you get the book Jason? I am thinking Avengers 1 8.5???

lol

I figured most people would think that was the book but no, now that I got the 9.2 #4 I'm holding out for a 9.2 #1. That 8.5 was nice though!

I think I won my book. I didn't get a call and couldn't log on on my phone but I just got home and checked my lot # and it says i won. Nobody must have bid because it was already at my max.

This is the book i think i won (shrug)

avengers93.jpg

A little miswraped but not bad enough to bother me. I missed out on the 9.6 in the last Pedigree auction so im pretty psyched to win this Pedigree copy for only $50 more than the non-pedigree one i missed last month :banana:

That is if i actually won! According to what some of you guys have said, i shouldnt be doing the banana dance just yet lol

This is the book i think i won (shrug)

avengers93.jpg

A little miswraped but not bad enough to bother me. I missed out on the 9.6 in the last Pedigree auction so im pretty psyched to win this Pedigree copy for only $50 more than the non-pedigree one i missed last month :banana:

That is if i actually won! According to what some of you guys have said, i shouldnt be doing the banana dance just yet lol

(thumbs u Hope you got it Jason!

If your top bid was $1700, you won it.

(thumbs u

Apparently I did :grin:

Considering I lost out on a regular 9.6 in the last auction for like $1989, I'm stoked to get the TC copy for just barely over 2k with BP.

1 more down in my Avengers run! :banana:

Thank you!

That upper LC is a little beat so im sure people will be moaning about the "gift grades" a lot of these books supposedly got but the rest of the book looks pretty flawless to me so i'm happy!

I remember looking at that book in the centerfold ads in most Marvel books in the early 80's when it was like a $50 book and thinking how i'd NEVER be able to afford a nice copy :cry:

It's REAL nice to finally have one of the key issues of my all time favorite run after almost 30 years :cloud9:

Avengers 93 is easily Neil's best Marvel book. The Ant-Man sequence when he goes into the Vision is just absolutely legendary Adams artwork....

That copy looks like it has great colors, a winner in my book regardless.

(thumbs u

I gotta say that gpa definitely doesnt waste time slacking!

They already have all the HA books that were auctioned off yesterday on their site. That dude is on the ball! (thumbs u

Thank you!

That upper LC is a little beat so im sure people will be moaning about the "gift grades" a lot of these books supposedly got but the rest of the book looks pretty flawless to me so i'm happy!

I remember looking at that book in the centerfold ads in most Marvel books in the early 80's when it was like a $50 book and thinking how i'd NEVER be able to afford a nice copy :cry:

It's REAL nice to finally have one of the key issues of my all time favorite run after almost 30 years :cloud9:

It was the first Avengers issue that I ever bought (It had the FF on the cover, I guess). And it only started the now 40-year love affair/obsession.

Congrats Jason!