• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action #23 marriage?

18 posts in this topic

Great book pages and front cover, but no back cover. Is the golden age similar to silver age where the books from the same couple months all have the same back covers AND interior ads? If so, does anyone know which relatively cheap books from this era (G.A. DC Westerns, funny books?) would have matching back covers for this Action 23? It would be really nice to own a complete/decent looking copy I can hold in my hands to admire and finding a match and sending this to a pro for a nice marriage is about the only way this will ever fit the budget. :):wishluck:

Ouch, Adventure 49 and More Fun 54 would hurt as donor copies, not sure I could even do that to those nice books even if I somehow found one as semi affordable. :tonofbricks: Anything a little more off beat? Probably too early, but are there any G.A. horror books I am not thinking of? Or perhaps something not as popular like Boy Commandos?

Action 23 is from April of 1940. Boy Commandos started at the end of '42, and no horror back then, at least from DC. But you don't need to butcher an Adventure #49 or More Fun #54. You just need to find someone that has a back cover to one of those issues.

Great book pages and front cover, but no back cover. Is the golden age similar to silver age where the books from the same couple months all have the same back covers AND interior ads? If so, does anyone know which relatively cheap books from this era (G.A. DC Westerns, funny books?) would have matching back covers for this Action 23? It would be really nice to own a complete/decent looking copy I can hold in my hands to admire and finding a match and sending this to a pro for a nice marriage is about the only way this will ever fit the budget. :):wishluck:

I guess it's fortuitous that I just found this thread. I now happen to need a back cover for a Marvel Mystery Comics #9 Any suggestions folks??? hm

Thanks in advance for any suggestions! (thumbs u

I don't know if I have ever seen just the back cover being sold anywhere over the years. I guess I should be happy I have a nice looking "fair" range copy. :)

Very unlikely someone will have just a back cover but the trick would be to get a very low grade issue with a nice back cover. Maybe missing pages or centerfold or having the top 1/3 torn off or something like that. Or to have a just the cover, that happens from time to time. With the example of a low grade missing pages, here you can marry the back cover and then resell the remainder for something like 3/4 of what you paid.

Ed

I don't know if I have ever seen just the back cover being sold anywhere over the years. I guess I should be happy I have a nice looking "fair" range copy. :)
When I was looking for a back cover to Action #13, there was 2 available. I believe one will show up.