• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comics You personally can't Understand Cost So Much

682 posts in this topic

What are comics that you personally can't understand why they cost so much.

I know I'll get flack for this, but I personally can't see why Adventure Comics #247 is so expensive. I know it's the first Legion, but that book goes for stupid money.

114639.jpg.ee3cca341f956e97179838c6916a8674.jpg

Marvel 1

What don't you understand about that one? (shrug)

I was just jumping ahead 6 pages in this discussion. It'll start out with minor or non-keys and progress to a debate about personal taste in books. Marvel 1 will be mentioned when someone questions why a book that introduces 2 characters, who are not especially relevant, is worth so much. Then we'll discuss relative value compared to Action 1, Cap 1, Tec 27 and so on.

What are comics that you personally can't understand why they cost so much.

I know I'll get flack for this, but I personally can't see why Adventure Comics #247 is so expensive. I know it's the first Legion, but that book goes for stupid money.

This was the X-men #94/GSX #1 of the Silver Age. Very hot book at one time.

Marvel 1

What don't you understand about that one? (shrug)

I was just jumping ahead 6 pages in this discussion. It'll start out with minor or non-keys and progress to a debate about personal taste in books. Marvel 1 will be mentioned when someone questions why a book that introduces 2 characters, who are not especially relevant, is worth so much. Then we'll discuss relative value compared to Action 1, Cap 1, Tec 27 and so on.

I was gonna say Lamont Larson books. (shrug)