• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comics You personally can't Understand Cost So Much

682 posts in this topic

What are comics that you personally can't understand why they cost so much.

I know I'll get flack for this, but I personally can't see why Adventure Comics #247 is so expensive. I know it's the first Legion, but that book goes for stupid money.

114639.jpg

My number one holiest of holy grails. I wish it weren't so expensive so I could have one. :cry:

Honestly, if given the choice, I'd rather have a copy of this in my collection than a copy of AC1.

To me, there is no issue of any comic that is even in the same league of importance as Adventure 247. (worship)

Alf 48.

You don't want to know how many "Alf" sections of 25 cent bins I have searched through to try and find that issue to no avail.

I guess I don't know anything about this. Is this for real? Is Alf #48 special or something? When I looked it up, all I saw was Alf Screwing some seal.

Chew #1s in 9.8 are on ebay for 400-500 dollars,really?

+1 Damn you beat me too it.

Book sucks

Flame me!!

It is actually a good read, but shouldn't be worth 10% of those prices IMHO.

I think it's a great read,but that's serious money for a modern. doh!

ASM 28 is only expensive in HG, so it shouldn't be mentioned in this thread. i like to hear a dealer opinion in this thread. as for comics i can't understand cost so much:

ultimate spider-man 1

chew 1

walking dead 1

or any damn modern published this century that sells for over $100

What are comics that you personally can't understand why they cost so much.

I know I'll get flack for this, but I personally can't see why Adventure Comics #247 is so expensive. I know it's the first Legion, but that book goes for stupid money.

114639.jpg

My number one holiest of holy grails. I wish it weren't so expensive so I could have one. :cry:

Honestly, if given the choice, I'd rather have a copy of this in my collection than a copy of AC1.

To me, there is no issue of any comic that is even in the same league of importance as Adventure 247. (worship)

Seriously? They aren't that pricey in the lower grades, say 2.5 - 4.0.

c'mon there are only like 300 9.8's :roflmao:. forget about a TV show, this is going to have to cure cancer to command $40 10 years from now

I think New Mutants #98 is going to have the same issue in a few years.

c'mon there are only like 300 9.8's :roflmao:. forget about a TV show, this is going to have to cure cancer to command $40 10 years from now

at least NM 98 is twenty years old tho

at least NM 98 is twenty years old tho

Good point, but I do think the value of this book is going to drop. The've been talking about a movie for years now that they still haven't made. Also, Marvel is going overboard with all of the different Deadpool comics.

I would buy a Deadpool Meets Archie crossover, though.