• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A few European cover variations

18 posts in this topic

Not sure if these have been posted earlier, but theres some amusing reprints over here in Europe. A few of these were completely redrawn and / or traced partly from various covers, why they went through this trouble I have no idea. A few of them are amusing since the original pose is used, but other plot elements removed, so the depicted scenario makes no sense. All of these are Norwegian prints, but I belive its the same for at least all the scandinavian versions:

compare01.jpg

compare02.jpg

compare03.jpg

compare04.jpg

compare05.jpg

compare06.jpg

compare07.jpg

compare08.jpg

compare09.jpg

compare10.jpg

Why am i picturing Liaton's head exploding like the guy in Scanners when he opens this thread? lol

Cuz you know how absolutley passionate Liaton is when it comes to foriegn variants! lol

These are nice... I think a different artist was employed to copy and sanitize the covers for European consumption. Whats funny is many older Mexican spiderman variants were made "more dirty" for Mexican consumption. Buxom woman added and everything.... lol Ill post scans later.....

Why am i picturing Liaton's head exploding like the guy in Scanners when he opens this thread? lol

Cuz you know how absolutley passionate Liaton is when it comes to foriegn variants! lol

These are nice... I think a different artist was employed to copy and sanitize the covers for European consumption. Whats funny is many older Mexican spiderman variants were made "more dirty" for Mexican consumption. Buxom woman added and everything.... lol Ill post scans later.....

Please Do. :popcorn:

I would really like to see those Mexican variants too :) While we wait for those, here is a few samples from Norway. I was only able to find the "original" of a few of these, but I'm sure theres more to be found. The two first are weird since they do not tone down the "violence" any. These were all reprinted between 1978 and 1980 over here:

compare11.jpg

compare12.jpg

compare13.jpg

norway-bats09.jpg

norway-bats10.jpg

norway-bats11.jpg

norway-bats14.jpg

norway-bats15.jpg

norway-bats16.jpg

norway-bats18.jpg

norway-bats19.jpg

norway-bats21.jpg

norway-bats23.jpg

norway-bats24.jpg

norway-bats25.jpg

norway-bats26-1.jpg

Love the last one, a childhood fav :cloud9:

Ask, and you shall recieve..... Now remember... these books had completley different covers and inside stories. They were written and drawn by Mexican artists.... Im trying to find story scans but its difficult. I am dying to see the insides! From what I have read from Mexican collectors is that the stories were not of the same quality... I would still like to pick some up because they are very rare....

This one is interesting with these antlike creatures.... and a nice crotch shot...

watermark5.jpg

Some nips and a hint of panty....

watermark6.jpg

Look at the curves on this gal!

watermarkCAK37XP0.jpg

Booty CALL! lol

watermark7.jpg

Itty bitty's

watermark3.jpg

And my favorite, check out her hair... freakin awesome! Satanica... :devil:

watermarkCA93ZXGJ.jpg

Oh by the way... I picked these up from http://spidermex.com/inicio.php

Its a great site to research mexican Spiderman variants....