• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

More Fun Comics #62

15 posts in this topic

I started a thread in the general section to see what folks thought and instead I am just going to pst the pics and get some opinions. I do not have scans because this is not my book "yet". I am looking to buy but at the right price and these were sent to me.

He wanted $2,000 orginially because he and an overstreet advisor felt it could be a VF- because of the great color and gloss on the cover even though it has the spine spilts. I have him at $1,000 right now and I am 98% sure he will not budge. What are your thoughts?

cover-1.jpg[/img]

bottomspine.jpg[/img]

backcover-1.jpg[/img]

topspine.jpg[/img]

topcorner.jpg[/img]

lol well I looked at GPA to see what any 5.0 have went for to get an idea on fair price but there have been no sales above a 3.5 except for two 6.0 and a 9.6 Edgar Church copy. I think I may grab it as this further reinforces the scarcity in this book above a 3.0

It's tough to grade from a scan but CGC might go as high as 6.5 on that book, spine splits and all. Remember, a Superman 1 got 4.0 with a completely detached cover. And gold isn't hit as hard as silver for spine splits and bindery problems. The rest of the book looks very nice. From the scan I'd say anywhere from 5.5 to 6.5.

It's tough to grade from a scan but CGC might go as high as 6.5 on that book, spine splits and all. Remember, a Superman 1 got 4.0 with a completely detached cover. And gold isn't hit as hard as silver for spine splits and bindery problems. The rest of the book looks very nice. From the scan I'd say anywhere from 5.5 to 6.5.

hmm, on that superman #1, was it more of a cover that had simply popped from the staples, and otherwise still looked VF?

Not too long ago somebody was selling a cgc timely here, looked pretty good with some minor wear. I think it had some small spine splits, and it turned out the cover was detached. CGC grade was 2 or 2.5, "looked" much better though.

If the OP does get the book and has it graded please post a follow up, it would be interesting.

hmm, on that superman #1, was it more of a cover that had simply popped from the staples, and otherwise still looked VF?

The cover had simply popped completely off of both staples and was loose. Even if the cover were absolutely perfect I have a hard time with calling that a 4.0. A loose cover is an automatic Good in my antiquated grading methodology. But a single popped staple could be no better than fine in that system and I know that CGC has graded single popped staple books higher than 6.0 on quite a few occasions.