• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gauging interest for possible GA / SA sales thread

32 posts in this topic

Everyone, apologizes in advance but i'd like to gauge some interest in an uncovered old-timer collection. For full disclosure, i'm a collector, not a seller. However, a close friend of mine's mother is interested in liquidation of a 300+ GA / SA and had asked me to evaluate the books pre-sale. Of course i said no problem and found some very ... let me say ... interesting comics. Either way, i wanted to show off a few pics to see if it would be worthwhile to scan, post, and sell via this forum before anything else. She was prepared to just take the whole poodle down to the LCS or garage sale it before i said "hold up there" ... :cool:

Take a look at some of these pics ... post back if there's some interest. If so, i'll begin the process of scanning and start a sales thread in a few weeks time.

Best -

MattP

LakeLouise7-2011059.jpg

10.jpg

9.jpg

8.jpg

7-2011.jpg

7-20112.jpg

7.jpg

6.jpg

LakeLouise7-2011053.jpg

5.jpg

3.jpg

Mind you that these are sample photos of just some of the books ... Archies, Dell's, and some other finds are available as well. Most of the books are in mediocre shape at best and i consider them fillers and not really CGC worthy except for just a few ...

Absolutely! Post 'em up! I'd say just list the books/grades/prices and then take requests for scans. That'll save you the trouble of initially scanning every book. Maybe just post scans of the better books.

Filler sells. (thumbs u

Ok ... thanks all for the feedback. There was a showcase 22 in the collection as well. It was my fee for doing this ... ;)

I'll begin the process this week ...

Matt

Priced right all those books would sell. Looks like a nice find!!

I think that's gonna be the hardest part for me ... i've been collecting for a long time and am pretty good with the grading albiet a little harder on the books than what they are actually are; i want the pricing to be fair for my friends mom as well as my friends on these boards ... so, it'll be a balancing act for a certainty.

I'll prolly break the sales thread into three or four pieces; Dell's / Fawcett, Charlton's / Pines, Archie's, and Misc ... with the Misc having some of the special finds ... like the All-American #8 (first series GL, no cover) / Flash 120 / Sensation Comics 26 etc ...

When grading, being hard on them is best for everyone involved. The buyer will be happy and by doing all of this work, the seller will still get a lot more than taking them to the local comic shop. 2c

Looks like a fun lot.

Scans tell so much more than pictures. I would suggest using a scanner and showing front and back scans. Give your opinion of the grade and your asking price. If I had the books, I would look at the Overstreet price and try to sell them for anywhere from 1/2 guide up to full guide, depending on what it is. You'll see soon enough what is overpriced, as those ones won't sell.

Best of luck,

Andy

Thanks again Fella's ... as a collector on the buying end, i know how important it is to price fairly. But, having you all as resources is actually, to me, the best part of this... please keep the advise coming. This is my planned description per book with a scan -

***actual book from the collection***

World's Finest No. 111 1960; estimated RAW 7.0 - 7.5 - spine roll, spine wear, edge discoloration, sharp corners, minor heat dmg - pages off-white to cream. Comparable price: $40 to $50 ... my price: $35.

then the scan would be posted.

Believe it or not, i have every book in the collection already laid out like this, so i suppose i just need the scans now ....

I think in an effort to save time, back scans of the lesser books will be held off pending specific requests, but the bigger books will have both.

Thanks again Fella's ... as a collector on the buying end, i know how important it is to price fairly. But, having you all as resources is actually, to me, the best part of this... please keep the advise coming. This is my planned description per book with a scan -

***actual book from the collection***

World's Finest No. 111 1960; estimated RAW 7.0 - 7.5 - spine roll, spine wear, edge discoloration, sharp corners, minor heat dmg - pages off-white to cream. Comparable price: $40 to $50 ... my price: $35.

then the scan would be posted.

Believe it or not, i have every book in the collection already laid out like this, so i suppose i just need the scans now ....

I think in an effort to save time, back scans of the lesser books will be held off pending specific requests, but the bigger books will have both.

This format should work really well. I'll be looking for the thread. :)

and if you do make separate threads for these I would post a link here to those threads so we can find them, just in case...

Oh yeah. I just want to make the threads more manageable ...