• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage auction today - post your wins, interesting results, notes, comments...

114 posts in this topic

Interesting results on the Steve Oliffe colored Wolverine pages

92182 Frank Miller, Joe Rubinstein, and Steve Oliff Wolverine #2 Hand-Painted... $7,767.50 Sold to Internet

92181 Frank Miller, Joe Rubinstein, and Steve Oliff Wolverine #2 Hand-Painted... $7,170.00 Sold to HA.com/Live

92180 Frank Miller, Joe Rubinstein, and Steve Oliff Wolverine #2 Hand-Painted... $6,572.50 Sold to HA.com/Live

dd special wraparound cover29k

Smaller than normal art size for each image but a nice combo image with them side by side.

Smaller than normal art size for each image but a nice combo image with them side by side.

I initially thought the seller could have done well selling the two pieces separately, until I read that each part is smaller than the size of a piece of typing paper.

I initially thought the seller could have done well selling the two pieces separately, until I read that each part is smaller than the size of a piece of typing paper.

Are they that small?

I thought the combined size was 15.5 by 20.5...so I assumed they were each 10.25 x 15.5...was that measurement wrong?

hank porter humpty dumpty illo 5k - was kinda shocked by that I can understand the prices on his duck/mickey work but humpty dumpty? No disrespect to the buyer, but it seemed a very strong result to me as I would have thought the subject matter not very desirable

92182 Frank Miller, Joe Rubinstein, and Steve Oliff Wolverine #2 Hand-Painted... $7,767.50 Sold to Internet

92181 Frank Miller, Joe Rubinstein, and Steve Oliff Wolverine #2 Hand-Painted... $7,170.00 Sold to HA.com/Live

92180 Frank Miller, Joe Rubinstein, and Steve Oliff Wolverine #2 Hand-Painted... $6,572.50 Sold to HA.com/Live

Wow, those pages got killed for the coloring. I hear Heritage appraised these for the consignor around $20K a piece. While I'm not sure they would have sold for that much if they hadn't been colored, there is no doubt that it had a huge impact on the final value.

Overall, looks to me like values are stabilizing. Still strong, but not crazy. Outside of one or two outlier results (DD #188 cover, DKR splash), pretty much what we've seen the last couple of years.

Wow, those pages got killed for the coloring. I hear Heritage appraised these for the consignor around $20K a piece. .

I'm not surprised, I thought they might even go a touch lower. I even put some bids in as I thought I might have a shot with the coloring, but didn't win

I *am* surprised heritage would estimate them that high with the coloring. I think coloring on a $500 page is one thing but I think anyone writing a five figure check doesn't want to have that sort of "yeah but they're colored" label attached to what they are buying unless its a real discount