• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage auction today - post your wins, interesting results, notes, comments...

114 posts in this topic

I didn't MANNUP enough :cry:

I went toe to toe with a bidder for an Ingels page with a host on it, but let go at $2K , with the juice kinda high for an Ingels panel page.

Also barely lost the Bernie Krigstein 3-page lot :cry:

But I did manage to snag a nice Ingels page from Tales From the Crypt #41 :D

Interesting results on the Steve Oliffe colored Wolverine pages

92182 Frank Miller, Joe Rubinstein, and Steve Oliff Wolverine #2 Hand-Painted... $7,767.50 Sold to Internet

92181 Frank Miller, Joe Rubinstein, and Steve Oliff Wolverine #2 Hand-Painted... $7,170.00 Sold to HA.com/Live

92180 Frank Miller, Joe Rubinstein, and Steve Oliff Wolverine #2 Hand-Painted... $6,572.50 Sold to HA.com/Live

Wow, those pages got killed for the coloring. I hear Heritage appraised these for the consignor around $20K a piece. While I'm not sure they would have sold for that much if they hadn't been colored, there is no doubt that it had a huge impact on the final value.

Overall, looks to me like values are stabilizing. Still strong, but not crazy. Outside of one or two outlier results (DD #188 cover, DKR splash), pretty much what we've seen the last couple of years.

I thought the consensus on Wolvie pages was that they were more Joe than Frank anyway. Looking at the results I would assume it's a combo of who did the work and the coloring as the cherry on top.

I'm not surprised, I thought they might even go a touch lower. I even put some bids in as I thought I might have a shot with the coloring, but didn't win

I *am* surprised heritage would estimate them that high with the coloring. I think coloring on a $500 page is one thing but I think anyone writing a five figure check doesn't want to have that sort of "yeah but they're colored" label attached to what they are buying unless its a real discount

Agreed - even without the coloring I think $20K was way aggressive. With the coloring, I thought they might sell for even less than they did (though I do love how they look colored :cloud9:).

Overall, looks to me like values are stabilizing.

they do seem pretty similar to the last couple years, I agree. I can't say I'm really shocked by much in this sale to the good or bad

I went toe to toe with a bidder for an Ingels page with a host on it, but let go at $2K , with the juice kinda high for an Ingels panel page.

congrats, ingels is great (thumbs u

Interesting results on the Steve Oliffe colored Wolverine pages

92182 Frank Miller, Joe Rubinstein, and Steve Oliff Wolverine #2 Hand-Painted... $7,767.50 Sold to Internet

92181 Frank Miller, Joe Rubinstein, and Steve Oliff Wolverine #2 Hand-Painted... $7,170.00 Sold to HA.com/Live

92180 Frank Miller, Joe Rubinstein, and Steve Oliff Wolverine #2 Hand-Painted... $6,572.50 Sold to HA.com/Live

Wow, those pages got killed for the coloring. I hear Heritage appraised these for the consignor around $20K a piece. While I'm not sure they would have sold for that much if they hadn't been colored, there is no doubt that it had a huge impact on the final value.

Overall, looks to me like values are stabilizing. Still strong, but not crazy. Outside of one or two outlier results (DD #188 cover, DKR splash), pretty much what we've seen the last couple of years.

I thought the consensus on Wolvie pages was that they were more Joe than Frank anyway. Looking at the results I would assume it's a combo of who did the work and the coloring as the cherry on top.

aha, good point

Unfortunately, I think Chromium didn't win.

I was looking at the page, too:

http://comics.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleNo=7036&lotNo=92124#Photo

I also wish I had gone after it. Nice Ingels example with a great Old Witch panel for a decent price. Congrats to the winner!

Romita Sr. ASM 100 recreation - $77,675

Where's the "fainting" emoticon? :o

that's got to be a record price for a recreation, no? W.T.F. and of course just after I said there were no surprises lol

romita asm100 recreation is going nuts? somebody explain this to me. I can't understand a price this like on a recreation

+1

Must be a couple of "non-economic" buyers going at it - someone who really loves that image for some reason, has a lot of cash and doesn't care about resale value.

I also wish I had gone after it. Nice Ingels example with a great Old Witch panel for a decent price. Congrats to the winner!

I meant the TFTC 41 page which he said he bought

romita asm100 recreation is going nuts? somebody explain this to me. I can't understand a price this like on a recreation

+1

Must be a couple of "non-economic" buyers going at it - someone who really loves that image for some reason, has a lot of cash and doesn't care about resale value.

NO kidding. Try reselling that for even 1/2. And with romita alive. I just DON'T get why anyone would pay that kind of money but good for them I suppose.

Yeah that was the one I threw in the towel when next bid was going to be 2K.

I have a roof for any and all pages, and that one just hit it.

I bid on three Ingels pages this auction, missed the one I wanted the most, but did get my 2nd choice

http://comics.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleNo=7036&lotNo=92126&lotIdNo=103006

I was wishy-washy on page three and just let it go.

+1

Does anyone know how many recreations John did? I don't think there's any way to get a Romita Sr. pen and ink recreation anymore. You could wave a ton of cash in front of him but it's not going to look like a 1994 recreation I don't think. Maybe the bidders assumed it was a one off never to be re-repeated. lol

The most insane original art purchase I've ever seen: 84K for a 1994 Romita re-creation. I'm stunned. A re-creation!

hey I have a romita spidey piece from 94 or so... guess its worth more than I thought hmlol