• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC boards you are the best

108 posts in this topic

The Boards are a plethora of knowledge and information about comics. A place filled with passion and camaraderie for funny books. Yes you might have to weed through some BS of different sorts, but all and all - this is the only Comic Board IMHO. I truly feel if I ever had any type of question about comics I could always find it via post or PM on these Boards. The Registry tie in makes it a win, win place to boot.

First thread I see is Iron Maniac shooting off at the mouth about how CGC is a bunch of liars and hostile. Oh and by the way I.M. and hepcat you get from these boards what you put into it,just sayin'

What? Where do I say that? Please show me.

Not only did I NOT say that, I would NEVER say that! You better re-read the thread.

I have no problem with this board and never have. There are a couple of people on this board I have an issue or two with but that is it. Period.

Clear now? Good.

I never cared to go to the Corral message boards,but I went on there today out of curiosity.I never have been there before,but wanted to know what you guys are talking about.First thread I see is Iron Maniac shooting off at the mouth about how CGC is a bunch of liars and hostile.Here's a quote from that thread.

Jaybeebee wrote

I have never encountered a more hostile and unwelcoming site than the CGC forum. The basic feel I got from the place was, "If you're not one of us then don't bother posting because we will destroy you and do whatever it takes to ruin your time here". That may be a bit too broad brush a statement considering that several of our Corral members are also posters there, and I certainly don't want to insult them, or anyone for that matter. But the CGC the forum is not a friendly place and the only times I've visited the site, I've always come away wishing I hadn't.

Say what you will about PGX, I'm certainly not their promoter nor an apologist for them, but no one from PGX has ever treated me with the downright hostility that the folks at the CGC forum have.(end quote)

I think the CGC boards have been a great place to talk about comics etc.,You guys have showed me how to up my game with my collection.Even made a friend or two,and those awesome comics that you guys own are simply the tops in the comic book world.Thanks! Oh and by the way I.M. and hepcat you get from these boards what you put into it,just sayin'

To be completely fair there are some good people im sure.But there is defineately some people who are not so nice .Or have agendas.

Every since the St Louis forums shut down the Corral has become a far worse place.

After surfing around on Comics Corral,St Louis boards,etc these boards are far and away the best.

If you want hostile posts and members back slapping each other try the corral.Its a big no thanks for me.

Thank you all for the many years of enjoyment you have brought me.

Dennis

Love the boards too :cloud9:

I live in an isolated part of the world as far as comic collecting goes. The boards have been a been a real eye opener for me. It's a pleasure to talk to like-minded people who have a genuine joy for this hobby. Yes - sometimes some threads can be passionate to say the least but I think that brings out the best in people sometimes. I have been exposed to amazing writers, artists and books that I have never looked at before and it has opened my eyes to a whole new world of collecting joy. I've looked at other comic book forums but none compare to CGC's IMO.... Thanks cgc!!

After surfing around on Comics Corral,St Louis boards,etc these boards are far and away the best.

If you want hostile posts and members back slapping each other try the corral.Its a big no thanks for me.

Dennis

Haven't you heard? The CGC boards are infested with hate-filled, breadstick armed trolls who have nothing better to do than foster hostility, form cliques, and dog pile n00bs. However, with the Caltopia at hand, there is hope. Rejoice!!

:eyeroll:

LOVE this place. :cloud9:

Not in a clique?

I'm a clique of one. :cloud9: Team Clown

Eff that whole be silent until your learn your place submissive, class-based BS. The only stupid question is a question not asked.

The following should not be construed as a primer on how n00bs should or should not act. (I know how sensitive some of you are. ;) )

Based on my board observations, the n00bs who come on breathing fire with guns blazing are the ones who usually get dogpiled. If they then dig in their heels, get indignant, and start firing back at the hazers, it gets worse. The ones who are more self effacing tend to be treated better.

Is that right? Who knows? This is the internet, grow a thicker skin and quit person_without_enough_empathying, I say. Some of them totally bring it upon themselves. Class-based BS has nothing to do with it. It has everything to do with how you present yourself.

And if anyone thinks this board is the worst board they've ever been on they need to get out more. Go visit a truly unmoderated message board sometime. :eek:

Eff that whole be silent until your learn your place submissive, class-based BS. The only stupid question is a question not asked.

The following should not be construed as a primer on how n00bs should or should not act. (I know how sensitive some of you are. ;) )

Based on my board observations, the n00bs who come on breathing fire with guns blazing are the ones who usually get dogpiled. If they then dig in their heels, get indignant, and start firing back at the hazers, it gets worse. The ones who are more self effacing tend to be treated better.

Is that right? Who knows? This is the internet, grow a thicker skin and quit person_without_enough_empathying, I say. Some of them totally bring it upon themselves. Class-based BS has nothing to do with it. It has everything to do with how you present yourself.

And if anyone thinks this board is the worst board they've ever been on they need to get out more. Go visit a truly unmoderated message board sometime. :eek:

Stop it, you might hurt my feelings. In all seriousness I wasn't offended by what you said. You gave an honest assessment, even if critical, without making it personal. Well, except for the sensitive comment, but that's minor and I can see why you would think that.

The worst board I've ever seen? No, not by a long shot. But, speaking about General only, it's the worst hobby based site I've visited. Mind you I don't mean the worst all around, as there are many great members, knowledgeable members, funny members and interesting discussions. But yes, in my personal opinion it tends to be very cliquish and hostile to new members that aren't passive enough. Old timers are free to take cheap shots and snipes, and if the n00b says anything back and holy mess he has a problem. I think I'm just not used to the comic collector culture.

I am very kind and respectful to literally everyone regardless of their race, gender, religion, political beliefs or any other superficial trait you can name. But admittedly I do have a problem letting things go when people take personal jabs. It'll be hard but I'll work on it.

Dennis

Haven't you heard? The CGC boards are infested with hate-filled, breadstick armed trolls who have nothing better to do than foster hostility, form cliques, and dog pile n00bs. However, with the Caltopia at hand, there is hope. Rejoice!!

LOVE this place. :cloud9:

Not in a clique?

I'm a clique of one. :cloud9: Team Clown

I would take up the Team Clown banner if called upon.

If you want hostile posts and members back slapping each other try the corral.

How can posts be both hostile and back slapping? The last I checked, it wasn't a forum for masochists.

I think the comics corral is for people who cant cut it here.

Interesting. Spoken by someone who was evidently banned from the Comics Corral for abusive posts.

They come over troll for a few days and back they go.

Mostly they are mess stirrers that have never invested in these boards at all.

This thread that you started is of course a classic case in point, i.e. one started for the express purpose of trolling and **** stirring.

P.S. Try thinking before you post. That way you might not contradict yourself so often.

;)

If you want hostile posts and members back slapping each other try the corral.

How can posts be both hostile and back slapping? The last I checked, it wasn't a forum for masochists.

I think the comics corral is for people who cant cut it here.They come over troll for a few days and back they go.

Mostly they are mess stirrers that have never invested in these boards at all.

Interesting. Spoken by someone who was evidently banned from the Comics Corral for abusive posts.

Gee I wonder who was a mod at that time.Well of course it was your buddy IM No conflict of interest there.Did he pm you also?

Gee I wonder who was a mod at that time.

Irrelevant. Were you or were you not making abusive posts? Did you or did you not get a thread pulled from this very board which you claim you love for an implied threat against another poster's wife and kid?

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4985158#Post4985158

(tsk)

Well of course it was your buddy IM No conflict of interest there.Did he pm you also.

Nobody PMed me. I was drawn to this thread because my name was mentioned. And Iron Maniac isn't my buddy. I hardly know him since he's only been posting recently and his interests don't seem to overlap with mine very well.

:preach:

Gee I wonder who was a mod at that time.

Irrelevant. Were you or were you not making abusive posts? Did you or did you not get a thread pulled from this very board which you claim you love for an implied threat against another poster's wife and kid?

No and no.Of course that will be the new mantra.

(tsk)

Well of course it was your buddy IM No conflict of interest there.Did he pm you also.

Nobody PMed me. I was drawn to this thread because my name was mentioned. And Iron Maniac isn't my buddy. I hardly know him since he's only been posting recently and his interests don't seem to overlap with mine very well.

I didnt mention you.

:preach:

Oh and by the way ... hepcat you get from these boards what you put into it,just sayin'

If you have something to say about a post I've made, at least have the common decency not to comment on it behind my back. The same thread on the same board would actually be the ideal place to address me.

And you might do a search of my threads to see what I've put into this board.

:makepoint:

I didnt mention you.

No but somebody else did. And then I saw these words of yours:

I think the comics corral is for people who cant cut it here.They come over troll for a few days and back they go.

Well guess what? I post over there as well.

:mad:

I come to these boards to talk about comics. It's best not to draw me into exchanges of other kinds.