• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC boards you are the best

108 posts in this topic

uh oh, I smell a throwdown and Bobby Flay got nothing to do with it.

Naw Im cool.I already used up all my vacation time.Just a light cleaning day.Vacuum the carpet and take out the trash.

You disappoint me my friend. :(

;)

Though I've never met Iron Maniac personally here are some facts: I've read Iron Maniac's posts across multiple message boards since around 2003 or so. Comics Price Guide, STL, Comics Corral, and here on CGC. He's conducted and posted interviews with industry leaders, run multiple grading contests, answered hobby questions for any new members asking, and if he has an agenda it's being a consumer like the rest of us and contributing to hobbyist communities.

Also keep in mind, as great and knowledgeable as the CGC boards are, Ewert-types are also highly attracted to the CGC boards. Time and effort to smooze the right CGC board cliques can provide them cover and a needed veil of trust. Being a "CGC board member" is a highly coveted tool in their manipulation arsenal.

Haven't you heard? The CGC boards are infested with hate-filled, breadstick armed trolls who have nothing better to do than foster hostility, form cliques, and dog pile n00bs.

Speak for yourself.

Based on my board observations, the n00bs who come on breathing fire with guns blazing are the ones who usually get dogpiled. If they then dig in their heels, get indignant, and start firing back at the hazers, it gets worse. The ones who are more self effacing tend to be treated better.

Were this board for only the self-effacing, I wouldn't still be here. And my suggestion for dealing with hazers doesn't involve any sort of self-effacement at all. There are more effective techniques. Sarcasm is a personal favourite.

:makepoint:

Though I've never met Iron Maniac personally here are some facts: I've read Iron Maniac's posts across multiple message boards since around 2003 or so. Comic Buyer's Guide, STL, Comics Corral, and here on CGC. He's conducted and posted interviews with industry leaders, run multiple grading contests, answered hobby questions for any new members asking, and if he has an agenda it's being a consumer like the rest of us and contributing to hobbyist communities.

Also keep in mind, as great and knowledgeable as the CGC boards are, Ewert-types are also highly attracted to the CGC boards. Time and effort to smooze the right CGC board cliques can provide them cover and a needed veil of trust. Being a "CGC board member" is a highly coveted tool in their manipulation arsenal.

lol

Though I've never met Iron Maniac personally here are some facts: I've read Iron Maniac's posts across multiple message boards since around 2003 or so. Comics Price Guide, STL, Comics Corral, and here on CGC. He's conducted and posted interviews with industry leaders, run multiple grading contests, answered hobby questions for any new members asking, and if he has an agenda it's being a consumer like the rest of us and contributing to hobbyist communities.

lol

Laugh if you want, but anybody reading this can do their own research. :makepoint:

GPA/GEORGE PANTELA INTERVIEW

The Marvel/Atlas Super-Hero Revival of the Mid-1950’s

THE CGC/STEVE BOROCK/INTERVIEW

Oh and by the way ... hepcat you get from these boards what you put into it,just sayin'

If you have something to say about a post I've made, at least have the common decency not to comment on it behind my back. The same thread on the same board would actually be the ideal place to address me.

And you might do a search of my threads to see what I've put into this board.

I like you Hepcat!

Let me just say though when I see your posts..I see a cute fuzzy kittah at the keyboard lol wanting skritchies :) I tend to see you all as your avatars posting away..

That being said when I post I may be rude and blatantly blunt. But I don't ever say anything on a chat board I wouldn't say to someone's face. . If I have a problem with someone they know it and I do not *snickers* puddyfoot around it...

I really love seeing your collections and stuff.

The only board I have ever liked better than this one is the old (soon to be deceased) Ebay comic's chat back in the good old days it were the place to be.

I met a lot of good people there..a lot of them are here now.

I miss the old days. Flame warring ..outting shill bidders..you know..just sort of like over here without Arch...

It's a long story but Ebay comics chat saved my life..a long time ago.

This board has saved my azz more than once ..since our house burned down..

99% of this board rocks..

the other 1% or so I mock you openly..

:)

I like you Hepcat!

Let me just say though when I see your posts..I see a cute fuzzy kittah at the keyboard lol wanting skritchies :) I tend to see you all as your avatars posting away.

Thank you! There are dozens of posters on this board I now consider friends. And I love seeing all the comics they post!

I'll just keep on posting them in the "Hepcat will still be Hepcat thread" then!

(thumbs u

Oh and by the way ... hepcat you get from these boards what you put into it,just sayin'

If you have something to say about a post I've made, at least have the common decency not to comment on it behind my back. The same thread on the same board would actually be the ideal place to address me.

And you might do a search of my threads to see what I've put into this board.

I like you Hepcat!

Let me just say though when I see your posts..I see a cute fuzzy kittah at the keyboard lol wanting skritchies :) I tend to see you all as your avatars posting away..

That being said when I post I may be rude and blatantly blunt. But I don't ever say anything on a chat board I wouldn't say to someone's face. . If I have a problem with someone they know it and I do not *snickers* puddyfoot around it...

The only board I have ever liked better than this one is the old (soon to be deceased) Ebay comic's chat back in the good old days it were the place to be.

I met a lot of good people there..a lot of them are here now.

I miss the old days. Flame warring ..outting shill bidders..you know..just sort of like over here without Arch...

It's a long story but Ebay comics chat saved my life..a long time ago.

This board has saved my azz more than once ..since our house burned down..

99% of this board rocks..

the other 1% or so I mock you openly..

:)

Well I havent heard the mocking yet so I guess im ok lol

People, please! There has been tremendous suffering due to the East Coast Earthquake.

Can't we set aside our differences and come together in light of this national tragedy?

:whee:

I will donate a coverless copy of Superboy 55.Off white to white pages!

PS How is Casper?

People, please! There has been tremendous suffering due to the East Coast Earthquake.

Can't we set aside our differences and come together in light of this national tragedy?

PS How is Casper?

THAT is what I'm talking about!

Casper is great. My silly little puppy is now a silly grown dog.

:cloud9:

PS How is Casper?

THAT is what I'm talking about!

Casper is great. My silly little puppy is now a silly grown dog.

:cloud9:

Thats awesome.Any pics? :wishluck: