• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Walking Dead 1

14 posts in this topic

Do you think with a press it'd go 9.8?

It's hard to decipher a 9.6 from a 9.8 in the scan, but does the bottom corner on the spine look a bit rounded in person? It does to me in the scan, but it could be the picture or just my eyes.

I would say it's well worth a submission to CGC. Mine pressed out to a 9.8 from Joeypost. I would PM him, and I would advise sending other books if you can to offset the shipping cost. He'll send press it and submit it for you.

It could. From the scan I can't see anything that says it could use one, but you have a better view. The main reason I say 9.6 is because the scan is kinda too small for me to get a really good look.

ditto from me. Too low res and new books are just really hard to judge when they are in high grade. 9.4+

On the #1 How Is that top left corner? Is it sharp? Nice copy but it's hard to tell from the scan.

It's actually on the way to me, I do not have the book in hand, even if it doesn't press to a 9.8 (which I'm hoping it can) I will re-sell and come out ahead I'm sure. I was just thinking it looked pretty promising via the scans...no color breaks that I can see, and I don't think there's any tears/blunts on the corners/spine so hopefully I'm going to do well on this book.

the front spine corners look slightly blunted and the back lower left cover looks kinda... fuzzy? i'm gonna go 9.2, but it could be a lot better than that.

It turns out this is accurate. I can't see the blunted corners in the scans I originally posted, but book in hand I can see them. There also appears to be multiple indentations made by finger nails on the front cover. Those definitely get fixed with a press, this book might go 9.6 with a press.