• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another Balltimore Comic Con Report

13 posts in this topic

My first post here and I have enjoyed the various convention reports. So, I thought I would add my two cents.

I love the Baltimore Comic Con. It is the only major show that I attend. Each year the show keeps getting better and better. And, this year was no exception.

Got to Charm City Friday afternoon. Stayed at the Hilton. I got to the convention center early Saturday morning and was in line by 730 am. Once the show started it got crowded fast. More people than last year. I think there were more people due to Stan Lee being there. I Did not have the time nor did I want to waste time standing in the Stan Lee line. I have better things to do at the con.

I walked about the show to take everything in. I stopped by to say hello to Jim Calafiore and pick up a wonderful commission piece that I had requested for a friend of mine. And, then I scooted real quick over to see Bob McLeod. I requested a drawing of Skyman from him and he completed it by the end of the day and he did a spectacular job on it. I love obscure Golden Age characters and Skyman is at the top of the list. Stopped by to see Mark McKenna and Steve Conley. I Talked with Steve for a bit about the T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Agents, we a both big fans.

On over to the dealers area where I was on the hunt for nice Charlton comics, Big Shot and Skyman Comics. I do not have pictures right now, but here is the list of comics I purchased:

Konga #4

Captain Atom #79-82

Capatin Atom #86 and #87

Blue Beetle #1-3

Haunted #7

Skyman #3

Psycho #1 (Finally! It is the best one I have ever seen. I am thinking at least 9.0)

Scream #1

I bought the Skyman #3, Psycho #1 and Scream #! from Dale Roberts and he gave me a great deal. That man has some serious books. If any of you are looking for high grade Skywalds, Dale Roberts has them. I am really happy with all of these books. The Charltons are exceptionally nice and they were priced reasonably too. The Skyman is at least a 6.5. I am very happy with that.

I roamed around the show beaming with my comic book purchases to take in more of the show. A lot of great costumes and folks digging though boxes trying fill their holes and want lists. A lot of kids buying comics with mom and dad. This really is a family oriented show. I also purchased a couple of nice fanzines (Comic Crusader), a statue of Superman from the DC Chronicles series, Predator masks from Sideshow Collectibles . I did not take any pictures, sorry. I feel at the time it is such a hindrance (I want to take pictures of everything). But, of course when I get home I wish I had. It is such a great show. A lot of wonderful and nice dealers with some great prices.

Sunday was not nearly as crowded as Saturday. I walked a round for a bit said good-bye to some folks, bought a couple of last minute figures and realized all good things must come to an end. Made it home Sunday afternoon. I am already looking forward to next year.

Great report...thx for reporting! I am not a Charlton fan/afficieanado per se, but I did compile (lovingly) a complete Unusual Tales 1-49 set due to my Ditko love/connection...have since sold it off...I believe my #9 I sold to AtlasFan just might be the nicest/HG copy in existence (?) (shrug)

Oh yeah...WTTB! :headbang: