• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage June Auction

50 posts in this topic

If anyone's seen the great cult classic "Repo Man", they'll remember the line "If you think of a plate of shrimp, somewhere, there'll be a plate of shrimp." Well, I was talking about Western Penn DCs in another thread here in the Silver Forum and lo and behold, I found this beauty and some other great Western Penn DCs as I was scanning through the Heritage June Auction previews. (I swear this is not my book (I wish it was!) and my other discussion was not preparatory work to shill this book). In fact, I seem to recall that it was posted as a PBOD by another board member at some point on these boards. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I already see about 10-15 books that I will bid seriously on. cloud9.gif

And I haven't paid off the April Auction yet. juggle.gif

I really believe many of the books in Heritage's Signature Auctions are either dealers books, or consigned to dealers, as these same books are on dealers websites right now (at about what will be double the reserve price).

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Don't let Shield see the Zip #5. He'll be mortgaging the house.

Yeah, the Showcase #55 IS awesome. The #56 9.6 ain't bad either.

And I'd love the Action #59 Mile High, and Supes #2 8.0.

Nice, nice books.

Did you buy it from Gary? A million years ago, in the old SD convention center, I was $50 short from buying that book from him. He had dozens of Action Mile Highs. I think I had $900 in my pocket and he wanted $950. For some reason, we just couldn't work it out. If I remember correctly, there was a tiny tear on the right edge, a little more than half-way down.

A few hours later I picked up a gorgeous non-pedigree Action #47 from Windy City Comics. Kinda wish I'd hung onto that book.

I wish I got it for that price! After you walked away from it Pat Kochanek bought it where it stayed in his collection for near a decade. Pat sold it to a dealer and I got it from him.

Timely~West

Is that a nut sack crease on the left edge of the back cover, near the top????893whatthe.gif27_laughing.gif

If anyone's seen the great cult classic "Repo Man", they'll remember the line "If you think of a plate of shrimp, somewhere, there'll be a plate of shrimp." Well, I was talking about Western Penn DCs in another thread here in the Silver Forum and lo and behold, I found this beauty and some other great Western Penn DCs as I was scanning through the Heritage June Auction previews. (I swear this is not my book (I wish it was!) and my other discussion was not preparatory work to shill this book). In fact, I seem to recall that it was posted as a PBOD by another board member at some point on these boards. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I really believe many of the books in Heritage's Signature Auctions are either dealers books, or consigned to dealers, as these same books are on dealers websites right now (at about what will be double the reserve price).

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Examples?

Right off the top of my head, I noticed a few on the Mile High Target Comics run that I think are also listed on Archangels website. I wonder if the More Fun 54 is the same one Metropolis has listed. Either way, I wish I could pull the trigger on it 27_laughing.gif, 54's the best Spectre cover of the run IMHO.

that Showcase 55 was shown on here...i believe it's Linmoth's - absoultely beautiful and i would love to have a 9.4 !

A lot of the DCs in this auction, including the amazing B&B and Showcase runs, are Linmoth's.

The only good thing I could find in this auction was the live watching feature. I enjoyed watching all that Disney art and related stuff move. I thought those Barks paintings were supposed to be worth like 10-15k? They went for 4.5k for the highest on there.. ?

Brian