• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage June Auction

50 posts in this topic

that book has been consodered one of the BA DC grails along with #17 and 100pg Spectacular#5. Tough book, but IMO, once again, who's going to be there to pay more than that someday? Thats a lot of bananas... Or am I just too jaded?

actually I just looked it up and I paid $95 for a F- copy years ago, and Ive only seen a habdful since...

I know that a DC 100 Page Love Stories #5 CGC 9.2 (highest graded) went for $1,000 in a private deal last year.

I was under the impression that the #5 is the holy grail of bronze age romance books, and in the top 5 of all bronze age books, period.

I didn't realize that S-21 appears to be right up there along side it....

Personally, I would definitely pay $1,400 (and more) for a 9.4 graded Love Stories #5, but not a S-21.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I already posted this in the Nedor thread in the Golden Age forum, but it applies to this thread as well.

There was only one book in the auction that I really wanted, and luckily I got it for just under 1.5 condition guide. I've always loved the cover...

start29.jpg

I know that a DC 100 Page Love Stories #5 CGC 9.2 (highest graded) went for $1,000 in a private deal last year.

I was under the impression that the #5 is the holy grail of bronze age romance books, and in the top 5 of all bronze age books, period.

I didn't realize that S-21 appears to be right up there along side it....

Personally, I would definitely pay $1,400 (and more) for a 9.4 graded Love Stories #5, but not a S-21.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Nice to see you guys talking up my new book! Sure I would have loved to have paid only $800 for it too but I knew that wasn't going to happen and that bidding would easily crack the $1000 ceiling. It was worth it to me cause

- if you're a romance collector it's a BA grail book

- the 3X multiple was in line for a key book in high grade

- the period cover (70's Peter Max psychedelic!) absolutely kicks [!@#%^&^] (white background!) on the Love # 5 and the S-17

- not only the highest grade out of the S-21's, but the highest grade given to any of the 3 BA grail romance books, and this baby is not likely to surface in 9.6

- it's going into personal collection deep freeze, I'm not worried about flipping it for a profit, the next time it sees the light of day your kids will be complaining about their kids

- bottom line on worth - there was someone right behind me bidding just $50 less

so says the Dr. of Love