• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Earthquake felt here in MD

76 posts in this topic

Felt in Lexington, Mooresville and High Point North Carolina.

These three cities are probably 50 miles from each other and north of Charlotte.

My wife called in a panic.

These three cities are probably 50 miles from each other and north of Charlotte.

I'm down near Wilmington. It shook my office for a solid three seconds. Unreal. Waiting to hear reports out of Richmond.

I'm down near Wilmington. It shook my office for a solid three seconds. Unreal. Waiting to hear reports out of Richmond.

I felt it too. I'm in Wilmington Delaware.

I am 90 miles of NYC and it felt like I was out on a boat. They evacuated our building and won't let us in for one hour. The blinds were rocking back and forth in the office. It is by far the most powerful one I have felt in upstate NY.

I'm in Philly and in a high rise building...15th floor...the whole building started shaking. We were totally shocked and didn't know what was happening.

If it happens again...i'm outta here!

Wow...that wasn't fun. USGS says it was centered in VA, with a prelim magnitude of 5.8...

I got a text from Louise saying she felt it at work. They make her dizzy. I thought I felt something too but wasn't sure if it was a truck driving by or not.

Jeepers, and we're not close! We're north of Lake Erie!

:eek: