• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SD Comic Con 2011 Video Diary!

23 posts in this topic

Guys- I wanted to share this with you. Frank shot this footage and edited it together. I think it is a lot of fun and I hope you enjoy it as well. Also, please watch Buried Treasure on FOX tonight 8pm EST, Steve and I are the show's vintage comic book experts.

http://www.metropoliscomics.com/load_feature.php?article_id=277&type=feature&action=view

Thanks,

Vincent

:o Whew! For a moment I was concerned that my secret identity would be revealed when my alter ego swooped in on preview night, battled the nefarious crowds and in a Timely fashion procured three prize books from the Super Soldier collection.

Vinnie Vidi Vici! (thumbs u

My compliments to Metro, especially for the herculean efforts of Vincent, Frank and Rob at SDCC in pulling off a well timed and orchestrated coast-to-coast sales event that could've gone disastrously wrong.

The only thing missed was Metro's wine and cheese tray from the previous year (SDCC rule-nazis intervened).

Super video, guys! :headbang:

Ha! Yes, there were many calls for more cheese and wine this year. A few poo-pooed our food attempt from 2010 so we were thinking about ring-dings and ho-hos! But we didn't want to risk being thrown out of the con.

Thanks for your purchases and kind words. We had such a blast bringing those books to market. One of the coolest compliments we received was from one long time collector who said he'd never seen so many Timelys in one booth at one time.

Thanks!

V

Ha! Yes, there were many calls for more cheese and wine this year. A few poo-pooed our food attempt from 2010 so we were thinking about ring-dings and ho-hos! But we didn't want to risk being thrown out of the con.

Thanks for your purchases and kind words. We had such a blast bringing those books to market. One of the coolest compliments we received was from one long time collector who said he'd never seen so many Timelys in one booth at one time.

Thanks!

V

I would have confiscated the evidence. No Worries.

Great video and kudos for the great marketing. That's one component of what makes Metro different from other comic dealers...excellent marketing of your products and brand.

Curious about 2 things:

Did you guys sell any other silver keys besides AF15? Big demand for early Avengers?

What are your thoughts regarding people saying SDCC isn't a comics show anymore? Considering the amazing sales made at the show...I wonder if this is really true.

I'll be watching tonight (although I hate Fox). lol

Very nice video. I took the opportunity to stop by metro's offices in downtown NYC last week. What an amazing office! Frank pulled a stack of books for me to look at and I ended up

Buying an early Action. So many amazing collectibles line the walls.