• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Walking Dead Image Firsts question

11 posts in this topic

The weird thing is, they added three different print dates for the Image Firsts issue. Wonder why these wouldn't be listed as second and third prints, like the regular 7 and 8. I know I submitted a #2 second print, which has the print month on the cover, yet it was still slabbed with the wrong print date. I only see one for the third submission, in the census report, which makes it seem that it was mislabeled. Maybe it's just me, but I don't want to go crazy trying to find a book that doesn't exist :tonofbricks:

Edit: the releases dates in the census are 3/10, 9/10, and 4/11. 3/10 looks right, is there really a 9/10??

Yup, there are 3 different printings of IMAGE FIRSTS: WALKING DEAD, each with different dates and different ads.

CGC doesn't distinguish them as "second printing", "third printing", etc. because the books themselves don't. But, as it's been pointed out, they *can* still be distinguished by the dates in the indicia (and therefore the CGC label.)

(thumbs u

But doesn't need 3 registry slots. Who requested the addition?

That was my sentiment. It looks like the 4/11 issue has a slightly different cover (top and bottom black borders) but it's odd someone requested an addition. I'll need to check some of the registered sets and see if anyone has any of the new additions. I briefly sorted through the registry addition forum, but nothing caught my eye. Probably a PM request to Gemma hm

Well Jeff, looks like I'll be looking for two more books now :baiting:lol