• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Poster Help

30 posts in this topic

If anyone can help, I'm sure it's the resourceful people on this message board...

When I was but a wee tot, my uncle had a poster on his wall. It seems like it was a huge poster, it was definitely larger than a standard poster. The poster was landscape, meaning it was wider than it was tall. It would be circa 1968-1974, or somewhere in that range.

The subject matter was a naked girl laying across a chopper. I recall various peace and flowers strategically painted on her body. I also believe she was throwing up a peace sign with her fingers, but I might be mistaken. The chopper might have been painted in the colors of the American flag, but for some reason I think it was orange.

Does anyone remember this poster, or know where I might be able to find one? If you do, please PM me. Don't post a pic of it here, as it isn't appropriate.

To keep this on topic, he also had one of Popeye and Olive having sex. Circa the same period. If you know of this one, let me know.

I'd just like to see them again for nostalgic purposes, but if I could find them at a reasonable price, I'd love to own them. :cloud9:

It's amazing what you remember from your childhood. lol

Could the poster have been a fold out from Easy Rider or some other vintage chopper mag? Could it have been a calendar? Was it a photo or an illustration? Seems like even if it wasn't an Easy Rider centerfold that it would probably have had a mail away offer in the mag. Coppers were so huge back then though that it could have been a promo from the local shop or something though.

It wasn't a fold out poster. It was rolled and huge.

It very well might have been one advertised in Easy Rider. I may have to see if I can find some copies from that time frame.

Thanks for the possible lead. (thumbs u

dicex,

is this the popeye poster ?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Easy-Rider-1970-Gawdawful-Popeye-Spoof-Sex-Joke-Poster-/230661180404?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35b47a4bf4

I come across that one all the time when I search for the marvel blacklight posters from the seventies.

The other one with the girl on the bike doesn't ring a bell.

Try searching Ebay for "honey cycle poster" There is a cute naked girl on a blue harley with body paint on her around the right era

That's not it, but it's very similar. :whee: