• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A crying shame -- FF #74 CGC 9.6 Signature Series

38 posts in this topic

I so very much would buy this copy, but that signature placement is absolutely tragic. :cry: The color of the ink mixes with the cover colors behind it fantastically, but the signature blocking so much of Galactus's body pisses me off. Great centering and QP, nice PQ, but that signature is just defacing. :mad:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FANTASTIC-FOUR-74-CGC-9-6-SIGNATURE-SERIES-STAN-LEE-/310341250040?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item4841c7abf8#ht_2659wt_1111

$(KGrHqIOKjYE40toIP!(BOVwpNbvFg~~60_3.JPG

I un-like this book... :boo:

All of those look good to me except for the GRR Avengers 4.

I'm not sure where i'd put it on that cover but that one definitely detracts from the art for me (shrug)

+1

I think the best place for an Avenger 4 would be right above Thor's head and if the sig is big and cross Iron Man's feet, it wouldn't be a bad thing...but that is my 2 cents.

I thought it was just fine, becaus the cover is much, much too busy, and Stan's sig isn't small. For me, when in doubt, the logo wins out, every time. If there's not blank space on the cover, put it in the logo. Most of my X-Men were like that, specifically because the covers were just so busy (X-Men #20, or #32, for example.)

For me, the logo, which is essentially identical for most issues surrounding, is far less important than the artwork, which is unique to that issue.

Back i wouldn't have nearly as much as a problem with but i still would rather not have it on a nosebleed HG SA book. Personally, for those books, i'd want it on the bottom of the splash page or not at all (thumbs u

I can see why you all feel that way about the FF 74. Fairly late Silver and only two 9.8s and 12 9.6s that is low census.

I still think the 74 rocks. But I am not the target market. I like to get my own raw books done and I like the 8.0-9.0 grade-price point for SA SS.

Signatures on high-grade books are crazy.

That's why super-models don't have visible tattoos!

I can see why you all feel that way about the FF 74. Fairly late Silver and only two 9.8s and 12 9.6s that is low census.

I still think the 74 rocks. But I am not the target market. I like to get my own raw books done and I like the 8.0-9.0 grade-price point for SA SS.

Signatures on high-grade books are crazy.

That's why super-models don't have visible tattoos!

I used to agree but the supply does nothing but go up. No one is going to miss a couple of HG Silver books anymore. Just wait for the next Twin Cities or Suscha News collection to be unearthed.

I so very much would buy this copy, but that signature placement is absolutely tragic. :cry: The color of the ink mixes with the cover colors behind it fantastically, but the signature blocking so much of Galactus's body pisses me off. Great centering and QP, nice PQ, but that signature is just defacing. :mad:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FANTASTIC-FOUR-74-CGC-9-6-SIGNATURE-SERIES-STAN-LEE-/310341250040?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item4841c7abf8#ht_2659wt_1111

$(KGrHqIOKjYE40toIP!(BOVwpNbvFg~~60_3.JPG

Value of a Stan Lee autograph add $20. A name written on an otherwise perfect FF 74 deduct $100.