• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best shops in Ft Lauderdale area?

25 posts in this topic

Tates is a big store with a large selection but not the best on price. Watch your wallet in over priced stuff there.

Phil's is great for silver age and newer comics with reasonable and negotiable prices. That store is Atlantic between rock island and 441

There is also Florida Super Comics on university and Stirling Rd. Some good comics to be found

There is also Florida Super Comics on university and Stirling Rd. Some good comics to be found

Is that the one in the Home depot Plaza?

I didnt even know that place was there until a couple months ago and im in that plaza all the time ???

Is that the one in the Home depot Plaza?

I didnt even know that place was there until a couple months ago and im in that plaza all the time ???

Yep, they are hidden and don't have Tate's inventory but will work with you on price (unlike Tate's)

To be fair, Fl Super has just been opened only a few months. Floor space is roughly 10 times larger than Phil's, who has been around forever.

True. But Phil could fill up FSC with his tons of back stock (much more SA) than FSC. FSC is a cool place and the owner is a nice guy. Phil is also a great guy.

I spent 11 months in Fort Lauderdale last year for work. I went to Tate's and it is a great store. I went to Phil's about 5 times It is a small store but he had it packed with back issues and that is what I buy. Both stores are close to each other so I would hit both...

There is also CrossRoads Comics that is about 1/2 mile north of Tates.

Nice people in there and a good selection of back issues and trades.

They are nice guys over there. They don't really carry SA books but do have boxes of back issues (mostly BA to modern). Nice trades and statues, etc.

I like Phil personally, great old school guy. But cramped is not the word for his store, claustrophobic is more like it. I know he does cut deals if you make a pile, and he has an easy going low key vibe. But you have to be a tiny circus acrobat to twist yourself around in that store to look in some boxes.

I like Phil personally, great old school guy. But cramped is not the word for his store, claustrophobic is more like it. I know he does cut deals if you make a pile, and he has an easy going low key vibe. But you have to be a tiny circus acrobat to twist yourself around in that store to look in some boxes.

Back in the day, Fort lauderdale was comic heaven! Tates, whatever Past present and future used to be called and the two Tropic comics :cloud9: not to mention like 5 other stores!

Man, the early-mid 90's was comic heaven down here!