• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Still waiting for my McFarlane SS from the last Desert Wind Comics Opportunity

426 posts in this topic

You don't have to call and speak with Joe Pierson directly, ANY CGC employee that answers the phone can help as long as you have an invoice number. Joe's busy enough as it, so call their general customer service, one of the other employees would be more than willing to give you your invoice status.

They are behind on shipping.

They are behind on everything... I have only received half of my NYCC modern subs, but I have not received my Baltimore Modern subs that where submitted before the NYCC subs. Makes no sense.

And I am still waiting on 3 Economy subs to be graded that were received in September.

You haven't received Modern submissions from before NYCC? You should be calling. They are just starting to grade December books.

Yeah,call DWC or CGC and let them know about your books.

Being that most of the books that DWC handles are shipped directly from CGC to the customer, we are not or would not be aware of books not received by a customer unless they contact us and let us know. Needless to say, once CGC receives the books from DWC, the grading process is out of our hands. If you have a CGC invoice number, simply call Joe Pierson at CGC and ask for a status update on your invoice. If you don't have an invoice number and your book are overdue then please contact and we will research it. If you e-mail us for an invoice number, please put "INVOICE # NEEDED" in the subject line.

Didn't know that.

They are behind on everything... I have only received half of my NYCC modern subs, but I have not received my Baltimore Modern subs that where submitted before the NYCC subs. Makes no sense.

And I am still waiting on 3 Economy subs to be graded that were received in September.

You haven't received Modern submissions from before NYCC? You should be calling. They are just starting to grade December books.

December you say? hm Walking Dead grades coming soon then...

What books and when did you submit?

Yeah,call DWC or CGC and let them know about your books.

Being that most of the books that DWC handles are shipped directly from CGC to the customer, we are not or would not be aware of books not received by a customer unless they contact us and let us know. Needless to say, once CGC receives the books from DWC, the grading process is out of our hands. If you have a CGC invoice number, simply call Joe Pierson at CGC and ask for a status update on your invoice. If you don't have an invoice number and your book are overdue then please contact and we will research it. If you e-mail us for an invoice number, please put "INVOICE # NEEDED" in the subject line.

Didn't know that.

Any CGC customer service agent please. :)

You only need to ask to check an invoice. After that you only need to ask when the comics were received. Any time between a show and CGC receiving is not on CGC except for a 3-4 day delay to enter submissions after a large show. Then ask which date is being graded for the tier your books were submitted under. Then just do he math.

This is assuming they don't say that they have grades and do you want them.

Once you know the receipt date you can also check the CGC site to see which day is being graded.

A word of caution.....once you start asking for grades early then waiting for them to ship seems to take forever. ;)

Just got my grade from the November McFarlane Signing, my Spiderman 1 Platinum kept its 9.6 grade :), had a great signature placement request so I'm waiting to see what comes back, will probably be 3 weeks. hm

You don't have to call and speak with Joe Pierson directly, ANY CGC employee that answers the phone can help as long as you have an invoice number. Joe's busy enough as it, so call their general customer service, one of the other employees would be more than willing to give you your invoice status.

OMG can you imagine every person with an invoice question calling Joe? :facepalm:

That should speed up things at the home office. lol

I have called CGC several times.... and spoken with several different people.. At this point I am just waiting. As the answers are all the same..

This was not a complaint, just an update. :)

And for the record there are times when you have to speak with Joe because the current person you are speaking with says " I am not sure, maybe ask Joe". :)

I called to check on some subs yesterday. I was informed they're currently working on books received by 10/28/2011. Being this far behind, it would be nice if they got caught up with the current workload before offering anymore on-site grading which is bound to slow production time on the back-log even more. At this point I wonder how much more business CGC needs to take on to justify the purchase of another slabbing machine and hiring & training more graders. If turnaround times continue to be this slow I imagine it will end up costing them business. 2c

I called to check on some subs yesterday. I was informed they're currently working on books received by 10/28/2011. Being this far behind, it would be nice if they got caught up with the current workload before offering anymore on-site grading which is bound to slow production time on the back-log even more. At this point I wonder how much more business CGC needs to take on to justify the purchase of another slabbing machine and hiring & training more graders. If turnaround times continue to be this slow I imagine it will end up costing them business. 2c

Ever play Monopoly? I ususally pick the Thimble.

I have called CGC several times.... and spoken with several different people.. At this point I am just waiting. As the answers are all the same..

And for the record there are times when you have to speak with Joe because the current person you are speaking with says " I am not sure, maybe ask Joe". :)

So when were your Modern books received by CGC. Baltimore books submitted to CGC are done. (shrug)

So when were your Modern books received by CGC. Baltimore books submitted to CGC are done. (shrug)

Part of the problem, in some cases, appears to be multiple sigs, or situations where the book had to go to another show to pick up a sig that it missed at a previous show. Just because your book has a date on it, it doesn't mean that it is done or that it "equivalent" to other books with the same date. It may have been logged in, but it hasn't made its final stop at CGC, because is isn't done.

For example I had a book with an entered date of 6/10. It missed Trimpe at a show so it had to go 2-3 months before they could get him. I still don't have that book back yet. But if I posted that I haven't gotten a book back with a log in date of 6/10 people would FLIP OUT.

It is unfathomable to me how much people freak out about the timing of these books. I love comic books, but they are still just comic books.

Part of the problem, in some cases, appears to be multiple sigs, or situations where the book had to go to another show to pick up a sig that it missed at a previous show. Just because your book has a date on it, it doesn't mean that it is done or that it "equivalent" to other books with the same date. It may have been logged in, but it hasn't made its final stop at CGC, because is isn't done.

For example I had a book with an entered date of 6/10. It missed Trimpe at a show so it had to go 2-3 months before they could get him. I still don't have that book back yet. But if I posted that I haven't gotten a book back with a log in date of 6/10 people would FLIP OUT.

It is unfathomable to me how much people freak out about the timing of these books. I love comic books, but they are still just comic books.

Your point is valid. :golfclap: good thing I am not freaking out ! As I stated, I was only updating.