• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Still waiting for my McFarlane SS from the last Desert Wind Comics Opportunity

426 posts in this topic

It's January,and I'm still waiting for my books from DWC :taptaptap:

My question to you all is, we submitted the books from NYCC and the McFarlane signing right after the signing/show. So what else can we do to get the books to you any faster. We can't make CGC grade any faster. So if we can't control how fast CGC grades then what can we do to satisfy you the customers? We are open to constructive suggestons.

Start the development of a sub-branch of CGC with subsidiary headquarters in Las Vegas, it would work exclusively with orders from the West coast and those that go through you. You could be the West Coast CGC coordinator in unison with other sub-branches and facilitate diirectly for your sub-branch....

I'm just talking out of my .....never mind, it was a stupid idea....

(Orrrrr was it) hm

If it's any consolation I submitted my books independently at NYCC, without the use of DWC or any third parties facilitators, and still haven't received my books back either (shrug)

+1 No big deal (shrug)

I received another CGC shipment today, 11 books from NYCC.

5 : 9.8s Justice League #1 variant, Justice League #1 sketch,

Ultimate Spiderman 160 Quesada color Sketch

Thing #1, Captain America #1 Movie variant

4: 9.6s Captain America 260 Tied with Rich for top census SS, Ultimatium #1

Ultimate Spiderman 160 Quesada Sketch, Wolverine #1 1988

1: 8.5 Wolverine #10 :( was so disappointed .. I expected a 9.6

1: 9.4 X-men 150

The 8.5 and 9.4 have spine corner dings not previously there :(

9 out of 11 is not bad :)

I received another CGC shipment today, 11 books from NYCC.

5 : 9.8s Justice League #1 variant, Justice League #1 sketch,

Ultimate Spiderman 160 Quesada color Sketch

Thing #1, Captain America #1 Movie variant

4: 9.6s Captain America 260 Tied with Rich for top census SS, Ultimatium #1

Ultimate Spiderman 160 Quesada Sketch, Wolverine #1 1988

1: 8.5 Wolverine #10 :( was so disappointed .. I expected a 9.6

1: 9.4 X-men 150

The 8.5 and 9.4 have spine corner dings no previously there :(

9 out of 11 is not bad :)

:applause:

I STILL haven't gotten my Fast Track Economy book back from CGC that was signed in NY. I'll have to give them a call next week to figure out what's going on. It's fast Track, CGC has had it since November and it was graded at least two weeks ago. I gotta say, I was pretty unhappy with this submission. I sent three books. Two of which were not subbed as Fast track as I requested and paid for until I called CGC and found out they weren't subbed properly and contacted DWC to have it corrected. There was the well documented lack of communication that was very frustrating and I had a book drop in grade from 6.0 to 5.0. That's the one that CGC still has, so I'll have to see if it got damaged.

Not fair to just discuss what went wrong without discussing what went right. After posting in this thread, DWC did contact me via phone and e-mail several times. That alleviated a lot of the unnecessary frustration. Have to say, if that had happened from day one, this would have been a much better experience. Also, my Savage Sword of Conan 1 that was signed by Boris came out very, very nice and jumped in grade from 9.4 to 9.6. Apparently, I got a free Denny O'neill sig due to my GL76 being signed by Denny in error. Glad to have the sig, though I have some trepidation as to how it will look. I prepped my own book and cut a fairly small window for Neal Adams to sign. If Denny signed within the same window, I suspect it won't look very good. Oh, well. It's only comics right?

They are behind on shipping.

They are behind on everything... I have only received half of my NYCC modern subs, but I have not received my Baltimore Modern subs that where submitted before the NYCC subs. Makes no sense.

And I am still waiting on 3 Economy subs to be graded that were received in September.

They are behind on everything... I have only received half of my NYCC modern subs, but I have not received my Baltimore Modern subs that where submitted before the NYCC subs. Makes no sense.

And I am still waiting on 3 Economy subs to be graded that were received in September.

:facepalm:

You haven't received Modern submissions from before NYCC? You should be calling. They are just starting to grade December books.

You haven't received Modern submissions from before NYCC? You should be calling. They are just starting to grade December books.

Yeah,call DWC or CGC and let them know about your books.

December you say? hm Walking Dead grades coming soon then...

Yeah,call DWC or CGC and let them know about your books.

Being that most of the books that DWC handles are shipped directly from CGC to the customer, we are not or would not be aware of books not received by a customer unless they contact us and let us know. Needless to say, once CGC receives the books from DWC, the grading process is out of our hands. If you have a CGC invoice number, simply call Joe Pierson at CGC and ask for a status update on your invoice. If you don't have an invoice number and your book are overdue then please contact and we will research it. If you e-mail us for an invoice number, please put "INVOICE # NEEDED" in the subject line.