• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Still waiting for my McFarlane SS from the last Desert Wind Comics Opportunity

426 posts in this topic

So is spelling but you preferred to reiterate what you said spelling mistake and all.

You have not received your modern books from Baltimore. Completely useless information without revealing all the circumstances. doh!

So is spelling but you preferred to reiterate what you said spelling mistake and all.

You have not received your modern books from Baltimore. Completely useless information without revealing all the circumstances. doh!

:screwy:

:roflmao: Information was revealed :gossip: that was the information " I have not received books that went to baltimore, but I have been receiving books from NYCC " It's Called a statement.

I will make sure I turn my spell check on for those that can not seem to understand the difference between, " have not received " and " have not graded ".

It's ok. Learning to spell takes time. :)

You also skipped the qualifier which was that it made no sense. Of course it makes no sense when you leave out half the facts. Don't let the details stop you. Your statement is duly noted and properly filed with the other trash. (thumbs u

I called to check on some subs yesterday. I was informed they're currently working on books received by 10/28/2011. Being this far behind, it would be nice if they got caught up with the current workload before offering anymore on-site grading which is bound to slow production time on the back-log even more. At this point I wonder how much more business CGC needs to take on to justify the purchase of another slabbing machine and hiring & training more graders. If turnaround times continue to be this slow I imagine it will end up costing them business. 2c

On-site grading is what impacts the general grading times the least - as it's over & done with during the course of a show ...

I called to check on some subs yesterday. I was informed they're currently working on books received by 10/28/2011. Being this far behind, it would be nice if they got caught up with the current workload before offering anymore on-site grading which is bound to slow production time on the back-log even more. At this point I wonder how much more business CGC needs to take on to justify the purchase of another slabbing machine and hiring & training more graders. If turnaround times continue to be this slow I imagine it will end up costing them business. 2c

On-site grading is what impacts the general grading times the least - as it's over & done with during the course of a show ...

But it requires, as I understand it, one of the two slabbing machines to be shipped to a location (transit time), being there for the duration of the show and then shipping back to Sarasota (more transit time). All in all I'd guess it adds a week and a half to two weeks per on-site grading event. Two or three of those and you're at half your normal turnaround time for a month or more.

like adonis said it is a weekend.

if you think about all the books that will be on site graded over the weekend when cgc is closed. as opposed to taken back to sarasota for grading. it may speed the process up a little for the regularly subbed books.

con season is normally what is to blame for slowing the process down.

like adonis said it is a weekend.

if you think about all the books that will be on site graded over the weekend when cgc is closed. as opposed to taken back to sarasota for grading. it may speed the process up a little for the regularly subbed books.

con season is normally what is to blame for slowing the process down.

Which they never recovered from last year and will be gearing up soon.

But it requires, as I understand it, one of the two slabbing machines to be shipped to a location (transit time), being there for the duration of the show and then shipping back to Sarasota (more transit time). All in all I'd guess it adds a week and a half to two weeks per on-site grading event. Two or three of those and you're at half your normal turnaround time for a month or more.

That's true, but what you're not factoring into the equation is the large amount of books that never enter the "normal" CGC grading process because they're being done on-site. If CGC gets 1,000 submissions during an on-site show, that's 1,000 books that aren't pushing your books to the back of the queue.

For Megacon it's even more of a win-win situation considering CGC won't be transporting their machines at all.

That's true, but what you're not factoring into the equation is the large amount of books that never enter the "normal" CGC grading process because they're being done on-site. If CGC gets 1,000 submissions during an on-site show, that's 1,000 books that aren't pushing your books to the back of the queue.

For Megacon it's even more of a win-win situation considering CGC won't be transporting their machines at all.

For Megacon. What about NY, Chicago, SDCC etc? These are the ones I was referring to as being problematic as far slowing things down.

Anyway... too many people taking things out of context here. Done with this thread.

Anyway... too many people taking things out of context here. Done with this thread.

You are correct Iscomics, sad thing is; in context of "RIGHT" or "WRONG", " Left OPINION " or " RIGHT OPINION" it will never change. :(

For Megacon. What about NY, Chicago, SDCC etc? These are the ones I was referring to as being problematic as far slowing things down.

CGC doesn't do on-site at either NYCC or SDCC - if they actually did on-site grading at NYCC, I think it would help with the end of year grading backlog immensely.