• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Superman #204

27 posts in this topic

sleeping.gif Not impressed. Had it not been for the pretty Jim Lee artwork we wouldn't even be discussing it.

75% of the book is Superman and a priest talking in circles around one another, speaking some of the worst dialogue I've come across in a long time. There was no flow to it, no rythm... and hence... no interest.

Basically, I thought it blew chunks for such a high profile release

K

sleeping.gif Not impressed. Had it not been for the pretty Jim Lee artwork we wouldn't even be discussing it.

75% of the book is Superman and a priest talking in circles around one another, speaking some of the worst dialogue I've come across in a long time. There was no flow to it, no rythm... and hence... no interest.

Basically, I thought it blew chunks for such a high profile release

K

Just like Batman Broken City that sucked now Superman 203 sucks the art is very good I like Lee on this story stinks

Just like Batman Broken City that sucked now Superman 203 sucks the art is very good I like Lee on this story stinks

Please put punctuation marks. I don't understand when a thought ends and when the next one begins.

A Great book! Did anyone see a printing defect on the back cover?

No but I did notice on some copies the inside pages are dented throughout the book. I also saw it this week on Batman #626. Its almost as if someone thumbed through the book and dented all the pages. I flipped through a whole stack and saw this. Its funny because I am usually one of the first customers in on Wednesdays. I have seen this before on a lot of the Marvel Ultimate titles. I think it has to do with the paper. I would have to guess it is a machine doing this and not a human being. Darn those machines! What are you gonna do?

Anyone read it?

Yep. Sucked. This Azz-whatever guy blew chunks on Batman after Loeb/Lee, and now he is doing the same garbage here.

I will stick to Superman/Batman as the only DC title I will buy on a consistent basis...

Anyone read it?

Yep. Sucked. This Azz-whatever guy blew chunks on Batman after Loeb/Lee, and now he is doing the same garbage here.

I will stick to Superman/Batman as the only DC title I will buy on a consistent basis...

Superman/Batman now with Turner kick [!@#%^&^] thumbsup2.gif

I agree Kev. I was lost reading teh back and forth wiht Supes and the priest. No flow or rhythmn. Im curious enough to come back for the rest of the story...but I also didnt like Az's Batman story so maybe I wont like this either.

Also, Jim Lee got better inking in HUSH. And why isnt Starkings lettering this? Its okay, but they add so much to the tightness of a books layout. Their baloons are just perfectly placed and lettered. And their splash pages announce an inportant story ahead...

disappointing...

Did anyone see a printing defect on the back cover?

No, but I did have a 3 inch printer wrinkle on seven pages in my copy. 893frustrated.gif

I checked my LCS and they had about75 copies on hand...ALL had the same weird printer/roller caused bump on the back cover, running from the top of the book down to the bottom. It is pronounced, but it is not throughout the book. I'm crossing my fingers that my supplier did not get copies with this problem.

As for the story, I just read Action 814, Adventures of Supes 627 and then Superman 204... what can I say...I'm liking it all! smile.gif Maybe it is because I have not been bogged down with past DC continuity cluttering my head and I have a fresh perspective on Supes, but it is good stuff.

In Action, Doomsday has escaped from Apokolips. Supes interaction with Darkseid was pretty interesting. In Adventures of Supes, that Replikon thing with the power of the entire Justice League is an interesting concept. I can't wait to see who is behind this new plot against Supes. And Supes 204, I'm looking forward to more on the vanishing and this new cop Lupe seems to be a new key player in the Supes storylines.

I just checked my copy and (luckily?) it doesnt have any cover creases. guess its a printing roll thing...a certain percentage of the print run has it.. I wonder if that means it was geographical too? depending on how theyre boxed, and opened at Diamond, and then reboxed...

No, but I did have a 3 inch printer wrinkle on seven pages in my copy. 893frustrated.gif

I checked my LCS and they had about75 copies on hand...ALL had the same weird printer/roller caused bump on the back cover, running from the top of the book down to the bottom. It is pronounced, but it is not throughout the book. I'm crossing my fingers that my supplier did not get copies with this problem.

Darth;

Any bets that Marvel & Wizard will not run into these types of problems when they select their books for the Wizard First program.

Technically, they shouldn't since they have first pick and if there is a Mavel rep out there looking out for Wiard's best interest, this should decrease the chances of ending up with this type of flaw, BUT... I am unclear about the exact details of Wizard's deal with Marvel. If I were the dealer with a "First" program in place, I'd be the one doing the selecting off the presses or have a trusted staff member who has an eye for perfection be the one at the end of the presses, with gloved hands ready to bag and board 100 perfect looking books (after going thru about a thousand or so) and box it up with bubble wrap and hard carton. with this in mind, I'm thinking this would be very costly to set up and I'm wondering what kind of $$$ changed hands between Wizard and Marvel to allow this type of access and scrutiny. OR... if Wizard did this haphazardly as they are wont to do in all their past schemes, they are paying Joe Packer minimum wage, with no extra instructions for care and ending up with the first 100 books off the line, sight unseen, packed slapdash and sent to Sarasota.