• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Severe Trim or Severe Miscut?

Trim or Miscut  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Trim or Miscut

15 posts in this topic

I guess the wording is misleading because the bottom obviously shows a miscut.

The top and right edge cover slightly overhang the interior folios.

hm

The top edge i can see the overhang so thats why i assumed it was miscut at the top. The right edge didnt look like there was any overhang so thats why i said that side looks trimmed.

The overhang is pretty much the way i detect trimming so ill go with just severely miscut (shrug)

I think the top edge looks fine, the bottom edge runs up to beyond the printed edge so it looks miscut, and the right edge has that trapezoid look like you commonly see on some Marvels like DD #7, ASM #25 and TOS #34. Plus the fact that if someone trimmed a book to look like this they did indeed hit the crack pipe first. When a book is this clearly miscut I am not inclined to think trim.

I say miscut. The bottom staple is on the top of the book and the top staple is on the side of the spine. There is an overhang on this book. The nuances on the right edge appear to correspond with the left side.

Welcome to the Boards, and thanks for the opinion. (thumbs u

I say miscut. The bottom staple is on the top of the book and the top staple is on the side of the spine. There is an overhang on this book. The nuances on the right edge appear to correspond with the left side.

Thank you for the kind welcome!

Lurking for a little while now, have recently started collecting again the last ~6 months. I'm learning alot here, slowly but surely. I haven't posted much but I felt I could add something productive here.

Thank you for the kind welcome!

Lurking for a little while now, have recently started collecting again the last ~6 months. I'm learning alot here, slowly but surely. I haven't posted much but I felt I could add something productive here.

There are tons of information on the Boards. Here's a good thread that lists some of the classic and informative threads.