• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lady Mechanika

173 posts in this topic

Matt...are you drinking your own product again??? 3-6 months being ok...pass the corkscrew
+1

Yeah, I used to get pissed when L&K was delayed a month.

I see it this way ... i would rather wait for a quality product, than not wait for a rushed, hurried, half-@$$ed one. If Joe needs 3 months to do a book that is 100% better than all the others out there .. then i wait. I'm ok with that. Pass the glass.

Matt...are you drinking your own product again??? 3-6 months being ok...pass the corkscrew
+1

Yeah, I used to get pissed when L&K was delayed a month.

I see it this way ... i would rather wait for a quality product, than not wait for a rushed, hurried, half-@$$ed one. If Joe needs 3 months to do a book that is 100% better than all the others out there .. then i wait. I'm ok with that. Pass the glass.

Amen!

I think you'll see the time come down to a 2-3 month time-frame. The delay on #2 was due to personal issues with Joe, so that added a lot of time.

I think Matt summed up some of the great points, and the time-frame is not a problem for me either.

Just finished off #3 and was pretty impressed. These are my points of happiness with this series:

1. Retail price is $2.99 and not $3.99 or $4.99 or $5.99 or more

2. Book had, what felt like 25% more pages than a typical book

3. LM #3, like the previous issues, had copious amounts of dialog which, is refreshing to say the least and led to a 30 min slow read time instead of a $3.99 for a 5 minutes value.

4. The art. 'nuff said.

5. I feel that Joe is doing a rather good job of moving the story on and introducing some very unique characters (i.e. bippo / pippo)

6. Honestly, i kinda like the 4 to 6 month turn time between issues ... really helped to build some anticipation for the following issue.

So ... again, the series is tops and easily one of the top 5 for 2011.

M.

I have to agree with the first five but the lag time between issues has been a pain. Seriously, this book took way too long. Other than that, there's not a lot more to add. It's been a great book and definitely should be one of the top books of 2011.

The whole series is starting to gain a little momentum again. At least for buyers on eBay. I've seen some brisk sales these past few weeks around $10-$20. hm

And the artwork is just gorgeous. Steam Punk at it's finest in my honest opinion.

+1

But Aspen had better pick up the releases a bit; simply re-releasing covers isn't gonna do it for some of us anymore ...

But Aspen had better pick up the releases a bit; simply re-releasing covers isn't gonna do it for some of us anymore ...

I have to agree. While I love the artwork and everything, I do have some reservations over releasing so many variants.

I have to agree. While I love the artwork and everything, I do have some reservations over releasing so many variants.

I've no known about certain covers coming up for a bit now, there is another 0 variant that will be announced shortly (I was sent the art pic)... as well as some more stuff... stay tuned... sworn to secrecy at the moment.