• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This week in Sufunk's Pedigree Avengers collection

578 posts in this topic

Nope, all my bids got BLOWN away! After the 57, just didn't have the desire to up them and overpay just to have 9.8's of non key issues from 70-100. I would have liked to get the 100 but no way I was paying $1500 for a book that is common as dirt in 9.8. I'm more than happy to wait around for a nice 9.4-9.6 Pedigree to come along (thumbs u

Finally, FINALLY found a copy of issue 105! :banana:

definitely lower grade than i'd like for a BA issue but man this issue is impossible to find! This is the last issue i needed in even my regular run to finish 10-200! There hasnt been a public sale that ive seen in at least a year so i was PSYCHED to get it! Now, i just need #3, 8 and 9 to finish 1-200 :wishluck:

ap105.jpg

8.5. :whatev::baiting:

lol

Hey, i just sent a freaking truckload of cash to HA! Cut me some slack! :sorry:

Like i said though, this freaking issue is IMPOSSIBLE to find in any damn grade Pedigree or not! it's been the last issue i need for like the last 4 months, ive had a wtb thread forever and ive asked like every damn dealer on the planet for one and NOTHING!

The census on this book is non existent for a BA Marvel. ZERO 9.8's, 5 9.6's, 14 9.4's, 3 9.2's, 2 9.0's and 2 8.5's. 26 copies 8.5 or over and not a one for sale in forever! Hell, that issue 53 i just bought has 14 9.8's, 33 9.6's and 42 9.4's! This damn 105 for whatever reason just doesnt freaking exist in slabs. Its not a valuable book so probably doesnt get slabbed often but still, it is EASILY the hardest BA Avengers to find in HG :frustrated:

Hopefully, i can upgrade some day but gpa only shows a 9.4 Western Penn Pedigree so i dont even know what others are out there (shrug)

definitely lower grade than i'd like for a BA issue but man this issue is impossible to find! This is the last issue i needed in even my regular run to finish 1-200! There hasnt been a public sale that ive seen in at least a year so i was PSYCHED to get it! Now, i just need #3, 8 and 9 to finish 1-200 :wishluck:

ap105.jpg

That's a sweet book and presents great for an 8.5. Congrats

People talk about Avengers #103 as being tough to find in high grade (9.4+). And it is. But if you look at the census, Avengers #105 is just as tough or tougher.

#103: 6 in 9.6, 12 in 9.4

#105: 5 in 9.6, 14 in 9.4

But I still can't believe you'd besmirch your collection with an 8.5. (I'm kidding.)

People talk about Avengers #103 as being tough to find in high grade (9.4+). And it is. But if you look at the census, Avengers #105 is just as tough or tougher.

But I still can't believe you'd besmirch your collection with an 8.5. (I'm kidding.)

Yeah, 103 is definitely tough but there's been like 5 I could have bought in the last year. This is the 1st 105 I've seen for sale.

And my Pedigree run was already smirched :blush:

I have the Twin Cities #5 8.5 and the White Mountain 25 8.5. I am ashamed of myself :sorry:

lol

You know the one thing I have found out about pedigrees is that the lower graded copies always look like a higher grade. In most cases they had the same loving care as the 9.8s but a corner got crunched or they have a tiny cover crease or they were read a few more times. But you can't go wrong with an 8.5 ped in most cases.

+1

I have a handful or so of lower graded Peds and almost every one is just what you said. Some little fault here or there that got hammered but the book still has amazing eye appeal for the grade. My 8.5 Twin Cities Avengers 5 is the only one that actually just has some general wear and tear that dropped the grade down to 8.5. All the others you would think are 9.4-9.6 books unless you really look hard and spot the fault that knocked it down (thumbs u

Nice, those picture frame issues all seem to be tough to find, with low census figures. You have few choices there, and that is a very nice 8.5 pedigree copy.

:applause:

I've just settled for a 9.4 ASM 114 because I couldn't find a centered 9.6 copy. It is a Twin Cities book though, you'd like that. :shy:

Nice, those picture frame issues all seem to be tough to find, with low census figures. You have few choices there, and that is a very nice 8.5 pedigree copy.

:applause:

I've just settled for a 9.4 ASM 114 because I couldn't find a centered 9.6 copy. It is a Twin Cities book though, you'd like that. :shy:

Nice! :applause:

If its anything like 99% of the TC books I have, you won't feel like you settled at all when you get it in hand. It'll probably look as nice as most 9.6's (thumbs u

Some more crappola I was able to snag pretty cheap. People can hate on the Suscha News Pedigree all they want. Honestly, I totally understand since there is next to no pre 1965 books and none of the monster keys. I get why people don't like the fact that it got granted Pedigree status and understand why it's looked down on. For BA junkies like me though, the Suscha News Pedigree is the freaking cats meow!!! :cloud9:

I have a LOT of Suscha books and almost every single one is as nice a BA book as you will ever see. The colors and gloss on them is out of this world. People don't think they should get premium prices and most of the time they don't. I have no problem paying premiums for them though. Not even for the pedigree status but just because I know they will be a EXCELLENT copy of whatever issue and most likely nicer than 99% of any other "regular" copy you'll find. Whatever titles you collect or love, I'd highly recommend you try to grab a Suscha News Pedigree copy of an issue for your collection. It probably won't be expensive and I can almost guarantee you won't regret it (thumbs u

Oh well, onto the drek :acclaim:

ap115.jpg

ap131.jpg

Barton you're just being polite. :sick:

Barton you're just being polite. :sick:

You better watch it! Gods gonna punish you and make you're children collect low grade DC!!! :baiting:

lol