• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT- Any artists here? People that like to draw comics?

70 posts in this topic

Are any of you guys artists or like to draw comics? I'm 35 and I still like to draw every so often...mainly to impress upon my son the whole art thing ( he's 9 ).

does finger painting count? grin.gif

but seriously...yes, i do pencil now and again...depending on the splash page! thumbsup2.gif

i haven't penciled in about 10 years, confused-smiley-013.gif i was heavily influenced by Frank Miller. acclaim.gifcloud9.gif

I haven't drawn for awhile either. Maybe I should pick it up again.

I have been with my son after not drawing for years and years. Fun to see that I can still draw...heh, I'm just not very good at it wink.gif

I still doodle. I don't have the attention span to really sit and do a good job. Most of my stuff is little 20 second to 5 minute sketches. Last night I did a quickie job of Supes from the front cover to #204 (the new issue). Turned out allright for the amount (or lack of) effort I put into it. smile.gif

Me too. Miller was the best.

Sometimes I doodle in the margins of my notebook if I'm on a mega-conference call where I don't need to pay a lot of attention. (Mega-conference calls are the bane of every large-firm lawyer's existence. sleeping.gif) I can always tell afterward how important my role was on a given call by how many drawings I have on my notebook.

i haven't penciled in about 10 years, confused-smiley-013.gif i was heavily influenced by Frank Miller. acclaim.gifcloud9.gif

Where did you get published? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yeah, I like to draw comics. I've even had the pleasure of being published once or twice but unfortunately I had to get a real job that paid money for a living. blush.gif

i used to do mini comics and the like, did some inking "training" with Rich Rankin in the 90's, but ultimately i was WAAAAAYYYYY too much work for the money. I gave up and started selling sculptures & paintings and that has been going pretty well.

....ultimately i was WAAAAAYYYYY too much work for the money.

I can imagine.

I just like to draw, and my skillz sure impress the kids wink.gif

...pretty much just the kids, but I sure do wish I had more time to just draw.

I think most of us comic book collectors aspire to draw or write at some point. When you're young and just starting to read comic books, drawing is one of those creative outlets that schools and parents seem to encourage. (At least the schools that still have art programs... Art and music are often the first things cut from the budgets. frown.gif )

i used to do mini comics and the like, did some inking "training" with Rich Rankin in the 90's, but ultimately i was WAAAAAYYYYY too much work for the money. I gave up and started selling sculptures & paintings and that has been going pretty well.

At the DF Show this past weekend, Nemrac said you were an awesome artist! thumbsup2.gif

Are any of you guys artists or like to draw comics?

Yes.

I have supposedly had 3 books published as an inker, but I've never seen the books nor had them sent to me as they were supposed to be.

Very small indie books about two years ago.

I've stopped and have not done anything in a while.

It's hard to find time to do anything if it doesn't pay the bills.

Here's a few samples...

sojourn.jpg

hulk.jpg

More recently I've worked a few pics with digital colors from sketches...

ww.jpg

grcolor2.jpg

I've not done anything in several months, but I sure love doing it. cloud9.gif

Get a quick look as I'm sure I'll take these pics down soon.

I get sick of looking at stuff I did after a while. It burns me out. flamed.gif

Dice..... I for one wont get sick of looking at your work.

And I agree, I like the Art Noveau aspect of the first piece..

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

I am a stained glass artist, and I draw all my own patterns, and can do a wide range, of stuff, but I rely on a projector to ruff out all my hard projects from a picture/scan if it calls for it.

I admire anyone that can take a pencil and paper and turn it into art.

I can pick up a pencil and make bad,, horribly bad stick figures,, thats it.

I know my limits as an artist.. and you sir have talent.

but you dont need me to tell you that..

But for the record...

Nice work.

Zeman

I did not.

It's a Ghost Rider painting by Dave DeVries.

He is possibly the greatest painter to ever do Ghost Rider, IMO. cloud9.gif