• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WIZARD FIRST *WHAT THE HECK IS A 9.5*

20 posts in this topic

hello fellow board trolls, what is this stinky news i am reading on this sacred boards.

i open my trusy wizard magazine and see a 9.5 wizard first.

PLEASE TELL ME THIS IS A JOKE?

I already read the other thread about this unholy alliance between WIZARD AND CGC

CASH

GRADING

COW

i hope wizard falls on there face, nobody should buy any of these books, they are worthless and you are only lining there pockets with cash.

please people boycott wizard dont buy these books.

TALK TO YOU LATER

VON DOOM

please explain to me what you mean by that. i feel that this wizard first is a joke. how can a grading company make up a special grade for somebody.

do you feel this is right?

how do you feel about a 9.5?

this is bad for the industry, whats next a 9.1?

best

VON DOOM

please explain to me what you mean by that. i feel that this wizard first is a joke. how can a grading company make up a special grade for somebody.

best

VON DOOM

No it will be DF 10.9 27_laughing.gif

Don't laugh! Let's be serious here.

I am sure that if another significant company with a lot of money and books to be slabbed on an ongoing basis wants to come up with their own grading system, CGC will be more than happy to accomodate them.

Even if the new scale goes up to a CGC 12.0 or whatever number they want. 893naughty-thumb.gif

DRDOOM, don't let Steve tell you what to post. I agree with you 100%. If Steve didn't have hot pictures of Asia Carrerra, I'd have written him off long ago.

tongue.gifstooges.gif

P.S. WELCOME TO THE BOARDS!!!!

best

VON DOOM

I would like to know on what basis CGC is getting paid for this.

If it is just a flat rate for grading each book the they must think the numbers will grow significantly as I dont think they would risk their reputation for 99 extra submission per month. If this is true then the arguments that this will not impact waiting times seem to be suspect.

If they are getting a cut of the profits on the whole enterprise it seems to me they have moved into the comic selling business and are no longer just a grading company.

on wizards website they were selling spiderman#1 cgc 10.0 wizard first for $149 along with that they were also selling the daredevil father series#1 cgc 10.0 for the same amount i think.i really think this is not good for comics. confused.gif

No it will be DF 10.9 27_laughing.gif

Don't laugh! Let's be serious here.

I am sure that if another significant company with a lot of money and books to be slabbed on an ongoing basis wants to come up with their own grading system, CGC will be more than happy to accomodate them.

Even if the new scale goes up to a CGC 12.0 or whatever number they want. 893naughty-thumb.gif

I hope this does not happen 893frustrated.gif

good grief - it might be on the web-site my gullible American friends... but it's still a joke

what I find particularly shocking is the forthcoming introduction of the so-called "negative zero" grades - i.e. reading the latest issue of CBG - I quote:

"...CGC have realised that the 0.5 grade is too high to encompass comics that have been literally degraded / damaged to such an extent that they actually no longer exist in any physical sense...

...for instance, Metropolis have recently submitted an original owner copy of 'Double Action 1' which was graded by CGC Chief Grader Steve Bolock at an amazing MINUS 10.0!

Steve said, "I believe this opens up a whole new market for CGC - which will be of particular interest to the collector(s) of Victoria Age comics - in fact an apparent MINUS 0.5 copy of the 1826 'Big Breasts and Jolly English Japes' was submitted missing both the cover and all the interior pages - in fact, all that remained was the upper staple and that had been restored..." "

etc etc

arf!

good grief - it might be on the web-site my gullible American friends... but it's still a joke

what I find particularly shocking is the forthcoming introduction of the so-called "negative zero" grades - i.e. reading the latest issue of CBG - I quote:

"...CGC have realised that the 0.5 grade is too high to encompass comics that have been literally degraded / damaged to such an extent that they actually no longer exist in any physical sense...

...for instance, Metropolis have recently submitted an original owner copy of 'Double Action 1' which was graded by CGC Chief Grader Steve Bolock at an amazing MINUS 10.0!

Steve said, "I believe this opens up a whole new market for CGC - which will be of particular interest to the collector(s) of Victoria Age comics - in fact an apparent MINUS 0.5 copy of the 1826 'Big Breasts and Jolly English Japes' was submitted missing both the cover and all the interior pages - in fact, all that remained was the upper staple and that had been restored..." "

etc etc

arf!

umm....how long do Aprils' Fools jokes last in England? 'Cause here in the US they only last for the day of April 1. I don't believe that Wizard would continue to drag this out for any length of time. If you continue to believe that it is still a joke, then go right ahead.

You must change your board ID! That handle is off limits! 893naughty-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gif

What's wrong with his handle? confused-smiley-013.gif

blush.gif

sorry Clarkie--short bus syndrome again.... confused-smiley-013.gif

BTW, 9.5 is a number between 9.4 and 9.6--since that was the question posed... boo.gif