• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What boardie would you really like to meet?

212 posts in this topic

Two folks I would really like to meet would be:

Theagenes

BangZoom

Both because of their passion for Edgar Rice Burroughs!

I would also like to meet Billy Parker and Jon Burk to see their fantastic collections and just to soak up some of their knowledge.

Wow, I've had two mentions already :o

Must be something in the water hm

As for the list, I'd like to meet and share a meal (hopefully with beer) with any/all of you. I'm always eager to hear peoples views on Christ and tell of my experiences.

As for a list, a few names do come to mind of people I would like to build better relationships with. In no particular order....

Bill - TuppennyConan

Dale - Dale Roberts

Roy -VintageComics

Nate- Ogami

Mike - ComicDonna

Sharon - skypinkblu

Dave - thehumantorch

Richard- Mr. Bedrock

So many others, not enough time. I can barely even keep up with whats posted in this place, much less meet everybody lol

Of course, always happy to hang with my Oregon buds...

Dennis - theshadowknows

Royce - Designer Toast

Dan - Dunefan

Danny - dwip

Mike - lizards2 (have yet to meet you Mike)

and

Greggy - Greggy of PacNW fame !!

If I didn't mention you, its cuz my brain is on cruise control right now

Hi oakman :foryou:

PS. I'd like to add a person who I talk to the least but have the greatest admiration and appreciation for is Flee-Marquette. You constantly make me laugh FM :applause:

Of course, always happy to hang with my Oregon buds...

Dennis - theshadowknows

Royce - Designer Toast

Dan - Dunefan

Danny - dwip

Mike - lizards2 (have yet to meet you Mike)

and

Greggy - Greggy of PacNW fame !!

:applause:

I need to get up for a con or some other local get together sometime - it seems like I've always got a sporting event conflict - I don't think this year will be any different with both a HS senior and a freshman. They're doing two different fall sports too, which makes the fall...., complicated. Any events coming up? :shrug:

Joe Collector. That way I can see for myself if he is the 6'3 wealthly, blond haired blue eyed adonis that we all suspect he is.

Seriously though, I would like to meet some of the UK board members like Goldust and Flaming Telepath.

Joe Collector. That way I can see for myself if he is the 6'3 wealthly, blond haired blue eyed adonis that we all suspect he is.

Seriously though, I would like to meet some of the UK board members like Goldust and Flaming Telepath.

I was thinking that would be neat to drink some good beer....., then I remembered the photos of them drinking Corona :P

Any events coming up? :shrug:

The next Portland show is Nov. 13th. The next big show is Emerald Con in Seattle at the end of March 2012.

I was thinking that would be neat to drink some good beer....., then I remembered the photos of them drinking Corona :P

lol Sometimes we here in Oregon forget how good we have it (in the beer selection dept.) until we see what the rest of the world is drinking lol

I've met a lot of boardies over the last few years and can honestly say there wasn't a single person I did not like. :applause: (exception: Connor)

I would like to hang with Dice X, Dr. X, but none of my exes.

Any events coming up? :shrug:

The next Portland show is Nov. 13th. The next big show is Emerald Con in Seattle at the end of March 2012.

lol Sometimes we here in Oregon forget how good we have it (in the beer selection dept.) until we see what the rest of the world is drinking lol

You told me I drank lawn mowing beer you rat lol

Only Nick opts for it on a regular basis, even though he is a seasoned drinker....

I've only met about a dozen board members, but that list includes some of the legends: VintageComics, Dr. Watson, my UK trip and a memorable afternoon with flaming_telepath, my mate gaz973, 1koko... various Toronto Cons with Bruno and Marco, meeting joeypost and beachbum at the '10 FanExpo...

I'd like to meet Greggy (I think I'm the only boardie who hasn't met him), but if I had to pick only one person, it'd be cheetah (Jeff). Can't recall how we first got talking about Avengers, but it was about 4 years ago, and he's been a good pal since then.

There are so many and I have met only Mr. Bedrock who is a tall, cool, lanky dude with an awesome collection. Can't pick just one so my extensive list of other boardies who I have either carried on PM conversations or made purchases from or just seem cool would be -

Straw Man

Gator

Joeypost

Nearmint

McMiles

Alanna

BBGun

Scrooge

Oakman

Palamas

Skypinkblu

Cheetah

Conan from Mycomicshop

Mschmidt

NotSure

MarvelFanGirl

Bosco685

Flaming_Telepath

RockMyAmadeus

icculus308win

Ken Alred

Decepticon

Weird Paper and DavidMerryweather (should be able to meet both at OAFCon in November)

HouseofComics

DiceX

Ze-Man

Ciorac

Hotflips