• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Giant Size collection!

114 posts in this topic

Very Very Nice!!!!!!!

This series really has it all: Superhero, Monsters/Horror, Westerns, Martial Arts, and a few Mutants. The books are not easy to find in high grade, and can test the grading skills of the most seasoned collector.

Here are some highlights:

Giant-Size Avengers #4: Vision marries Scarlet Witch

Giant-Size Chillers #1 (1974): Origin/1st Lilith

Giant-Size Creatures #1: 1st Tigra

Giant-Size Dracula #5: 1st Byrne work at Marvel

Giant-Size Fantastic Four #4: 1st Jamie Madrox (Multiple Man)

and of course

Giant-Size X-Men #1

I hope you are having as much fun as I am trying to put the run together. Good Luck!

sleeping.gif

what, did you sell your kid colt already? And I don't think you're helping your sales with your attitude towards other peoples books lately hi.gif

Yeah...the fool here never got back to me regarding my reasonable price so 893censored-thumb.gif.

Yeah...like anyone here's gonna end up as the high bidder on my auctions. insane.gif

You start work yet? 893blahblah.gif

'Lok! These are some incredible books!!! NICE COLLECTION!! thumbsup2.gif (WAY better than the POS Giant-Size FF Greggy sold me last year!)
acclaim.gif

Bravo, Deathlok! I love these, especially your Giant-Size Man-Thing! wink.gif

I'm the proud owner of the only 9.2 G-S FF #5 in the census. I'm hoping to pick up the remaing G-S FF's this weekend at WonderCon.

Best,

-Jim

Holy [!@#%^&^]! 893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gifacclaim.gifacclaim.gif

...and that's it.

I am still missing a few and have a few in transit.

If anyone has one of the following issues in high census, PM me:

Captain Marvel

Daredevil

Doc Savage

Kid Colt

Iron Man

Marvel Triple Action

Master of Kung Fu

Thor

Werewolf

Thanks everyone (but Greggy). In addition to collecting these I have a bunch of other books. This is my first attempt at trying to put together a run of a specific title. There are quite a few that are difficult to find in HG. I mainly went after what became available and what were more obscure. Books such as GS X-men #1 and GS Spidey #4 are very plentiful, so I didn't feel as rushed to get these. Although I do have a beautiful raw GS #4. I also sold my copy of GS X-men #1 and 2, lower than 9.0. Although I do need Greggy's Kid Colt, the grade is a little low for me right now.

Since I didn't point these out, I will now.

The Super-Villain Team-up #2 is a Western Penn

Fantastic Four #6 is a MH2

Although not shown I have a Dracula #5 Pacific Coast.

Thanks again for looking.

I'll show it to you, and only you. It's a common book, about as difficult to locate as a Hulk 181 or ASM 129.
I want to see your copy. Kinda strange that you need top census books but not for the common ones! 893scratchchin-thumb.giftongue.gif

I'll show it to you, and only you. It's a common book, about as difficult to locate as a Hulk 181 or ASM 129.
I want to see your copy. Kinda strange that you need top census books but not for the common ones! 893scratchchin-thumb.giftongue.gif

what's the rush, Jason has one almost every month.

almost every week there are plenty.

GS X-men #1 9.6

GS X-men #1 9.6

GS X-men #1 9.4

what's the rush, Jason has one almost every month.

almost every week there are plenty.

GS X-men #1 9.6

GS X-men #1 9.6

GS X-men #1 9.4

Which one is yours? What happens when your current "high" census gets overtaken as we know that they will! confused.gif