• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Man Has Over $5000 Worth Of Superman Comics And Memorabilia Stolen

89 posts in this topic

One thing we may want to do is make sure we coordinate with each other. I have some bronze/copper/modern books to send and I know aszumilo posted that he had the same. It would be great for him to get so many books, but the last thing anyone needs is multiple copies of John Byrne's Superman reboot.

So anyone else who has bronze/copper/modern books to donate, send me an email and tomorrow night (I can't access the boards at work) I'll create a group email so we can make sure we each give him something unique.

D'oh! -- was too busy sending out a PM to those who explicitly stated that they would like to send an item. I missed this last message about coordinating. It may be good to know if there are duplicates being sent, but I have already started to assemble my care package.

Please let me know via PM if you would like the information as well or if I missed your request earlier in the thread.

Perhaps you could start a list here and tell anyone who wants to be anonymous to PM you and then you could post it without their name.

It might make it easier for people to make decisions...very nice of you to bring this to the forum's attention.

I'd love to see a list, so I could fill in something missing.

If Book Maestro, Transplant, or anyone has some publicly postable info/address on how people can help Mike out I think that'd be useful. I know some posters in the Bleeding Cool forum were expressing interest about helping out as well, and I just noticed there's a facebook page set up to help him too.

http://www.facebook.com/SaveSuperman

I have Mike's friend's address, but I this is not publicly postable. Do you have a quick link to the post(s)? I can sign on their and pass on the address to anyone who requests it.

As for Facebook, I no longer lurk there...

One thing we may want to do is make sure we coordinate with each other. I have some bronze/copper/modern books to send and I know aszumilo posted that he had the same. It would be great for him to get so many books, but the last thing anyone needs is multiple copies of John Byrne's Superman reboot.

So anyone else who has bronze/copper/modern books to donate, send me an email and tomorrow night (I can't access the boards at work) I'll create a group email so we can make sure we each give him something unique.

D'oh! -- was too busy sending out a PM to those who explicitly stated that they would like to send an item. I missed this last message about coordinating. It may be good to know if there are duplicates being sent, but I have already started to assemble my care package.

Please let me know via PM if you would like the information as well or if I missed your request earlier in the thread.

I'm sure he will get dups, no way to prevent it with the amount of people jumping in. Still if people can coordinate it would be helpful.

Of course multiple copies of Superman 100 wouldn't be a bad thing. :whistle:

Perhaps you could start a list here and tell anyone who wants to be anonymous to PM you and then you could post it without their name.

It might make it easier for people to make decisions...very nice of you to bring this to the forum's attention.

I'd love to see a list, so I could fill in something missing.

I have some people getting Bronze/Copper/Modern books for Mike, I'll post the list of books tomorrow once it's finalized.

If you (or anyone) have any books in this time period, PM me and I'll add you to the PM list.

I have a free appraisal service I advertise out of a couple of shops in Belleville and Fairview Heights, IL (on the East Side from St. Louis) and get calls regularly from people looking to sell comics.

I'll keep an ear out for this crook. What a scum bag.

Yes, please keep an eye out! I still think we can nab this rat if enough people in the area know about what he did.

If Book Maestro, Transplant, or anyone has some publicly postable info/address on how people can help Mike out I think that'd be useful. I know some posters in the Bleeding Cool forum were expressing interest about helping out as well, and I just noticed there's a facebook page set up to help him too.

http://www.facebook.com/SaveSuperman

I have Mike's friend's address, but I this is not publicly postable. Do you have a quick link to the post(s)? I can sign on their and pass on the address to anyone who requests it.

As for Facebook, I no longer lurk there...

Here's the BC thread:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/forums/showthread.php?46878-Stolen-Faster-Than-A-Speeding-Bullet/

Very nice guys. One of the guys in my local comic group here in town knows Mike. If the boardies want to send to me, I can make sure anything gets to him.

PM sent regarding where I can send books to. Have lots of Supes stuff to send. (thumbs u

Theft is bad, but theft from a special person is so much worse.

+1000000000000000000

I loathe people who take advantage of the disabled and animals. Not only are they gobes, but they're also totally ballless. :mad:

+1

I have some TPB to offer if interested.

Glad to see the community coming together. I have exactly one Superman comic book and I bet you guys could guess which one so that's no help.

I will keep reading and see if there's anything I can contribute.

I too would like to help Mike. I don't have anything related to Superman, but I'll keep watching and see if someone comes up with a way that guarantees donations actually reach him. It would only make a bad situation worse if someone else takes advantage of the situation and everyone's willingness to pitch in.

I too would like to help Mike. I don't have anything related to Superman, but I'll keep watching and see if someone comes up with a way that guarantees donations actually reach him. It would only make a bad situation worse if someone else takes advantage of the situation and everyone's willingness to pitch in.

We have an address for Mike. You can PM Book Maestro or me and we'll get it to you.

Might be nice to send him something not related to Superman. Perhaps

turn him on to other classic characters.

that's like getting a different toy than the one you wanted for x-mas. :tonofbricks:

that's like getting a different toy than the one you wanted for x-mas. :tonofbricks:

If this goes as I hope he will get lots of cool toys that he wants and a few

cool toys he's never played with.

I'm gonna toss in a SA FF and/or a SA ASM.