• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Justin's Chatroom

4,528 posts in this topic

hey what does everyone think about me getting the civil war comic in this thread

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=236157&Number=5145064#Post5145064

i was wondering if i should get it and start a CGC civil war collection just dont know yet cause i want unique ideas so throw them at me please

and thanks

Justin

That's a great book,and pokerkid is great too.win,win. :applause:

If that's what you like you should get it Justin.

But that's not in any way a key comic, if you want to collect those Civil War isn't a good start.

Either way collect what you feel good about, that's always the smartest decision. ;)

hey what does everyone think about me getting the civil war comic in this thread

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=236157&Number=5145064#Post5145064

i was wondering if i should get it and start a CGC civil war collection just dont know yet cause i want unique ideas so throw them at me please

and thanks

Justin

Since I'm drunk I'm going to give you my honest opinion. I don't think you should be buying comics, period. I think you should be saving as much money as you can so you can further your education, whether that be in an IT or collegiate school it makes no difference. You're in a dead end job and an education will help you get a better paying job.

If you do want comics, to read, buy trades.

And FYI, I saw you in PokerKid's FS thread. Whenever asking about a price offer it's better to ask in a PM. It helps keep the thread from getting cluttered up, for one.

Don't be a sad Cap PLEASE. Istead of thiking SO MUCH about the comics you don't have, think about the ones you DO have. You don't want to hurt their little feelings, do you?

It looks like you have some CGC's in your collection now. While you save some money for your next buy, take this time to study the appearence of the books. Learn what a 9.6 looks like compared to a 9.2 or 9.4. Practice grading your raw books. When you've come up with a grade scan a COUPLE of books and post them in the Hey buddy, can you spare a grade? thread and see how close your grade is to what others think. Don't mention your grade in your post, just ask for opinions. If others think the grade is a lot lower than what you think it is, don't get upset. That is how one learns. If you learn from a mistake then the effort is not a failure. If you make a mistake and learn nothing from it, then you've failed. I've said it many times, collecting isn't just BUY, BUY, BUY.

Be happy, Cap.

Sad cap today gotta think alot bout buying comics people are messeging me and telling me negitive things

You mean in a PM?

Sad cap today gotta think alot bout buying comics people are messeging me and telling me negitive things

You mean in a PM?

yes sir