• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Most Sought After Marvel Treasury Edition(s)?

93 posts in this topic

Anyone follow the Treasury's this seller was offering on ebay? nearly a full set and most went for strong prices.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/180997524789?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Yeah I was watching one of them....Looked pretty nice....Need two more to have all the Marvel's....my bid got crushed. :cry:

Here's my copy.

I'm suspecting it's a 9.8 grade range.

20110121172511283_21-001.jpg

20110121172511283_21-002.jpg

:o I have been after a nice copy of that for ages, proving very difficult, where did you snag that beauty? And do they have another?

What grade your're looking for?

Didn't know the #21 was a tough one. Often saw it at shows and have a raw NM copy.

The only one I am missing from issues #1-28 is #24. Never been able to find a hg copy of that one.

That issue is tough too, I managed to pick this one up a while back.

Picture343.jpg

Didn't know the #21 was a tough one. Often saw it at shows and have a raw NM copy.

The only one I am missing from issues #1-28 is #24. Never been able to find a hg copy of that one.

That issue is tough too, I managed to pick this one up a while back.

Picture343.jpg

Not half as tough as finding a decent piece of GI Joe Treasury.

I have the Spiderman / Superman Treasury and got Carmine Infantino to sign his layout page on the inside back cover at this year's NY Comic Con.

But CGC won't accept Treasury Editions for Encapsulation.

What's up with that, CGC?

I don't think their equipment will encapsulate an item that big. I was told by way of industry gossip that the machine to seal them cost something like half a million dollars. If so, that would explain why they are content just doing smaller items.

DG

It would be good to see pictures of how their machinery works in sealing the comics

Took me a while to find a nice copy of this.

Picture275.jpg

I need a copy of this issue. hm

I have a pretty nice copy of this treasury actually.

I should say, "had." I gave it to my 6 year old after watching the Avengers Assemble cartoon that features him :cloud9: