• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Most Sought After Marvel Treasury Edition(s)?

93 posts in this topic

Took me a while to find a nice copy of this.

Picture275.jpg

I need a copy of this issue. hm

I have a pretty nice copy of this treasury actually.

I should say, "had." I gave it to my 6 year old after watching the Avengers Assemble cartoon that features him :cloud9:

....aaaaaand here's my kid reading said treasury edition earlier this evening :)

4A24F8C5-389D-448B-A077-3ADC2AFB3FC6-2934-000001D66074FA98.jpg

The Rudolph ones are highly sought after, especially in high grade

:shy:

c20.jpg

c24.jpg

c33.jpg

c42.jpg

c50.jpg

c53.jpg

c60.jpg

A very stylized Rudolph. Was this styling unique to DC or did they take the image from somewhere else? Also, is Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer a licensed character or is the character in the public domain?

I believe that this Rudolph was a continuation of the Rudolph that was running in national syndication in the newspapers. I think Rudolph is a licensed character from Robert L. May, the Montgomery Wards employee that created Rudolph in the 1930's:

from 1953:

thunov261953.jpg

That would make this the "official Rudolph, since it was licensed from the creator of the character.

I believe that this Rudolph was a continuation of the Rudolph that was running in national syndication in the newspapers. I think Rudolph is a licensed character from Robert L. May, the Montgomery Wards employee that created Rudolph in the 1930's:

from 1953:

thunov261953.jpg

That would make this the "official Rudolph, since it was licensed from the creator of the character.

Yes, that definitely looks like the same Rudolph.

Appreciate the info.

Since i now have about 25 of those Marvel and DC treasury editions,thats my question too.

Why doesn't CGC tomb those babies ?

Too big,yes i know.

I think they have to buy another encapsulation machine and designing the plastic holder to encapsulate these treasuries. If I would have to do an uneducated guess...it probably will cost them at least $600,000.

Since i now have about 25 of those Marvel and DC treasury editions,thats my question too.

Why doesn't CGC tomb those babies ?

Too big,yes i know.

I think they have to buy another encapsulation machine and designing the plastic holder to encapsulate these treasuries. If I would have to do an uneducated guess...it probably will cost them at least $600,000.

And the fact that there probably isn't a million Treasuries out there compared to billion of normal sized comic books.