• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NM/M copies of Secret Society of SV #8, DC Special Series#5 & Flash# 275

12 posts in this topic

Very, very tough, but I have the Supes Special and the SSofV in 9.6 (at least) - I'll post some scans this weekend.

I feel you, especially on SSofV - a title that bounced around quarter bins forever, so hi-grade is super tough. Sort of like Marvel's "Champions," another title that was exiled to bargain bins forever.

At a local show many moons ago, I bought about 20 Flash comics from 255-285. Nice high grade copies that looked like they could have been OO copies or possibly old store stock. There was a 275 in that lot. It's about an 8.5. Most of the other books are in the 9.2-9.6 range.

[font:Book Antiqua]Only 2 9.8[/font]

Yes, but 9.6s are going for $25-44. Even the 9.8 that sold in 2009 only went for $91.

Also, it's from 1979 (which used to be a "modern", but now is economy or value tier), unless it's a slam dunk 9.8, it's not worth grading.

I purchased all three from a spinner rack when they came out, but the Superman Special was beat to hell even when it was new. The copy I had was no more than a 6.0, and that was brand new off the rack.

156062-001.jpg

I bought this book from Bobcat on ebay several years back (actually bought 3 or 4 copies) and I suspect at least two others are equal to this one.

I bought a copy of this book off the rack back in the day and read it until it was int tatters...it *MAY* be in one of my shortboxes somewhere.

I've got a registry set for SSoSV that I add to from time-to-time. I think I have most of the rest in grade, just haven't sent them in.