• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Collector's Society Freebies are back!!!!

10 posts in this topic

Well I just got back my 3 copies of ASM I sent to CGC with my free grading certificates. Mailed them on the 20th, and their back today so nothing wrong with their express turnarounds.

Grades were a little lower than I expected on 2 of them but I bought each of thse raw off Ebay and still made out well when you consider grading fee's ($99 bucks for membership).

So Drum Roll Please.........

Amazing Spider-man #10.....came back CGC 5.0. Paid $103 on Ebay so this worked out nicely. I thought it was about a 5.0, but was hoping for maybe a 5.5, not disappointed at all though

ASM10CGC.jpg

Amazing Spiderman #61...came back a CGC 7.5. Paid like $10 bucks on Ebay so again.....not a bad deal, but I thought this one might go a 9.0. After looking at it closer...........I think that I was being a bit too optimistic since I can 5 spine stresses and the back cover could have used the wonderbread treatment. Still a stunning copy with full gloss for $10.

ASM61.jpg

Amazing Spider-man #90....came back a CGC 8.0. Paid $10-$15 bucks for it raw on Ebay, thought this would go 9.0-9.2. I am going to have to call in on this one because from what I can see on the outside it better than an 8.0, but there may have been something I missed on the inside. Still it's a key issues and a solid VF for the price I paid so I am not going to shed any tears.

ASM90.jpg

All of these have been input into my registry set and I jumped from 22nd place to 20th so I am a happy camper. thumbsup2.gif

Good Stuff!!! thumbsup2.gif

It looks to me (from the scan) that the #61 has a long non-color breaking crease in the top right corner. That would bring it down to the 8.0 range regardless of the other defects.

#61 does have a little something going on with the URC, but no crease, more like a slight bend, but the scan is making it look worse. That one I can make a case for being a 7.5....not even going to try to argue the grade. The #90 sure looks better than an 8.0, but again, it not a blatant job of undergrading and I will check on the graders notes to see what I missed.

A 5.0 doesn't sound like a high grade on an ASM #10, but right now there is a 4.0 up to $200 bucks on Ebay and since I paid $103 for this copy.........I got more book than I paid for cloud9.gif

I've been thinking of joining again just to get the three express certificates. How long did it take between joining and getting the certificates? When I joined (about 2 years ago) it took about three weeks to get the certificates. Have they improved on that?