• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CAL'S Column Early September 2011 Edition - Comics General
2 2

481 posts in this topic

I will let it go when you tell them the same as you tell me. Be fair.

CAL who believes in fairness....

Agreed. However, someone has to be the first. You can be that person.

Uhh, I could do that.

BUT

been there, done that. This time it is THEIR turn to go first.

Ageed?

CAL who knows he has a great point here...

Stu's dislike for CGC is legendary. I've never spoken to him about it but I have heard others talk about it.

Has Stu every gone on the record over here about how he

a) felt about CGC in the past?

b) feels about them now?

c) what went on between you and him?

Answering the last PM I just received.

No, SKY won't post here anymore. She said what she had to say, but cannot counter-claim or prove her case. Her "friends" rallied behind her, PMed her, and NEED her to stop here, as they also know she has no true case against me. She WANTS a case against me, but I am not going to give it to her.

So please, no more PMs. Put what you have to say here on the posting Threads.

CAL who does not like PMs

Cal,

GET SOME PROFESSIONAL HELP..........QUICKLY! You're making a total arse of yourself.

Cal,

I think you might have misread the cause of your issues with Stu, and indeed the whole eBay chat board.

I have been buying/selling/trading CGC books since 2001, with Stu's full knowledge - and have even discussed the philosophy of it with Stu in the past - and yet I have fallen foul of none of the eBay chat crowd? ???

I think it might be something else? (shrug)

Cal,

I think you might have misread the cause of your issues with Stu, and indeed the whole eBay chat board.

I have been buying/selling/trading CGC books since 2001, with Stu's full knowledge - and have even discussed the philosophy of it with Stu in the past - and yet I have fallen foul of none of the eBay chat crowd? ???

There could be wisdom in this here post.

Roy, who wished he started the whole talking in the 3rd person thing.

Cal,

hm

Moral of this story: Stop offerring FREE SHIP/Insurance. Give them a choice: Envelope shipping, or boxed shipping. Charge them a buck or two more for the box if that is what they really want. For some strange reason, even those who SELL comics don't get this: the Envelope shipping is treated like 1st Class - they are put inthe white BINS, sideways, treated as flat mail. The BOXES are put in the LARGE cart-bins, and can and do get crushed. I ahve had more Insurance claims on the boxed shipping than I EVER have on the Envelope shipping. And now I am going to have to raise the ship fee to cover the extra expense.

I hate for this to get lost in the rest of the nonsense going on here. While I do not agree with the point on FREE shipping, I am on the road to agreeing with the point about boxed vs. envelope shipping.

As long as the flat parcels are sufficiently stiff, I think they are treated better overall than boxes. I used to think that envelope shipping was inferior, but my own experience jives with CAL's point - make the flat parcel well and it is safer than boxed shipping for up to about 10 books or so.

I will let it go when you tell them the same as you tell me. Be fair.

CAL who believes in fairness....

Agreed. However, someone has to be the first. You can be that person.

Uhh, I could do that.

BUT

been there, done that. This time it is THEIR turn to go first.

Ageed?

CAL who knows he has a great point here...

Stu's dislike for CGC is legendary. I've never spoken to him about it but I have heard others talk about it.

because what I say is true.

Has Stu every gone on the record over here about how he

a) felt about CGC in the past?

not here, but he did on ebay many many times

b) feels about them now?

irrelevant

c) what went on between you and him?

He PMd the "crew" and vice -versa when they thought they could nail me..

Cal,

You did not have the need to defend yourself. Easy stance for you to take.

Stu DID blast you once, he siad something that did not make sense at the time. But you moved on that was god for YOU. Your case. Not my case.

I think that you would be part of that ebay crowd anyway. You were there, so please don't pretend that you did not see that stuff...

CAL total D mode

Moral of this story: Stop offerring FREE SHIP/Insurance. Give them a choice: Envelope shipping, or boxed shipping. Charge them a buck or two more for the box if that is what they really want. For some strange reason, even those who SELL comics don't get this: the Envelope shipping is treated like 1st Class - they are put inthe white BINS, sideways, treated as flat mail. The BOXES are put in the LARGE cart-bins, and can and do get crushed. I ahve had more Insurance claims on the boxed shipping than I EVER have on the Envelope shipping. And now I am going to have to raise the ship fee to cover the extra expense.

I hate for this to get lost in the rest of the nonsense going on here. While I do not agree with the point on FREE shipping, I am on the road to agreeing with the point about boxed vs. envelope shipping.

As long as the flat parcels are sufficiently stiff, I think they are treated better overall than boxes. I used to think that envelope shipping was inferior, but my own experience jives with CAL's point - make the flat parcel well and it is safer than boxed shipping for up to about 10 books or so.

A voice of reason. Experience. Counts for a lot.

CAL who has the experience

Cal is an attention whore.

He can get it here or he can go to his strip club and wave $50 bills around.

Either way, he gets played for a sucker.

you DID tell me to go play in traffic, now deny it. I wished I had bookmarked that thread, but did not.

I am no one's fool. Don't ever forget that. I have my reasons for my zany banter here, and you can be a good part of this, or continue with your nonsense. I would NEVER step in a strip club anyway. never needed to, never will.

CAL with certain standards

Cal is an attention whore.

He can get it here or he can go to his strip club and wave $50 bills around.

Either way, he gets played for a sucker.

you DID tell me to go play in traffic, now deny it. I wished I had bookmarked that thread, but did not.

I am no one's fool. Don't ever forget that. I have my reasons for my zany banter here, and you can be a good part of this, or continue with your nonsense. I would NEVER step in a strip club anyway. never needed to, never will.

CAL with certain standards

I'm not denying it. I don't recall saying it and it doesn't sound like anything I would say, but who am I to argue with a boy who remembers every slight, real or imagined, that may or may not have occurred in his lifetime.

I happen to like traffic. Why I would punish it by having you go play with it makes littles sense.

Edited by shadroch

Cal,

Roy, Stu did not harrass Nick the way he did me, and many ,including Nick, knows this. There is a TON of less-than-forthrightness here in this Thread, but trust me, this is a big battle and the stakes are high for some of us. For me to concede is to let Stu and his anti-CGCers carry the day.

CAL makes his stand

Wow, all of this drama could make for one heck of a book.

A really STUPID UNINTERESTING book.

How is it the comic community is so small, I've dealt with many of the same people and I have had 0% of this drama?

oh, wait, yes there is - IGNORE

MNSN

do it! Put us on ignore!

Do it! CAL

MNSN

How is it the comic community is so small, I've dealt with many of the same people and I have had 0% of this drama?

Easy. There was ONE person that decided to stand up. Apparently that has never happened in your small community before. Very inappropriate behavior was tolerated as long as no one spoke out about the "great one(s)" that was doing the misdeeds. Now everyone is running for cover because of ONE person. Get it? I know you do - you also were there for the eBay comics flame wars.

CAL who does not use " I don't remember" as a crutch

Cal,

Roy, Stu did not harrass Nick the way he did me, and many ,including Nick, knows this. There is a TON of less-than-forthrightness here in this Thread, but trust me, this is a big battle and the stakes are high for some of us. For me to concede is to let Stu and his anti-CGCers carry the day.

CAL makes his stand

Oh, I saw it happen. I have never said it didn't.

What I'm saying is that it didn't have anything to do with your pro-CGC stance, as I did just as much CGC business as you did, but without the consequences.

I'm suggesting that you need to review the reasons, Cal, as they were not what you think they were.

Cal,

CAL makes his stand

As someone who has been at the heart of some controversy on here (we all have at some point or another) I can tell you that sometimes my own perception of others and reactions outwardly towards others dictated how others reacted back towards me and I probably should have handled situations differently...and going forward I will.

That still doesn't change the fact that I may have crossed people in the past, sometimes without even realizing it. Those people remember and characterize me that way forever now unless they decide to change the way they see me. They might even view me as the exact opposite way that I view myself to this day.

The only thing I can do going forward is be the best person that I can be, which most of us are trying to do anyway, every day.

The ignore button works if you use it. It's a band aid, kind of like taking a pain killer for a headache when you have a much larger underlying symptom causing the headache.

The only solution is the "turn the other cheek/forgiveness button" until someone wants to fix the problem with you.

The 3rd option of staying at war is not a solution. It never solves the problem for good. Only option 2 does that.

Too many wars have come and gone because people don't have enough patience or have too large of an ego to choose option 2.

Right now Leo the Lion is looking pretty proud.

:foryou: