• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CAL'S Column Early September 2011 Edition - Comics General
2 2

481 posts in this topic

Is this all from something that happened on an Ebay chat board ten years ago?Now is'nt that just silly.

Oakman who does'nt understand the silliness of this drama.

Are you asking just me or the others too?

You saw my side. Now go get theirs, and therein you find the asnwers you seek.

CAL who saw this coming...

Cal,

I think you might have misread the cause of your issues with Stu, and indeed the whole eBay chat board.

I have been buying/selling/trading CGC books since 2001, with Stu's full knowledge - and have even discussed the philosophy of it with Stu in the past - and yet I have fallen foul of none of the eBay chat crowd? ???

I think it might be something else? (shrug)

There could be wisdom in this here post.

Roy, who wished he started the whole talking in the 3rd person thing.

Roy, Stu did not harrass Nick the way he did me, and many ,including Nick, knows this. There is a TON of less-than-forthrightness here in this Thread, but trust me, this is a big battle and the stakes are high for some of us. For me to concede is to let Stu and his anti-CGCers carry the day.

CAL makes his stand

Just to touch on this, because I missed the battle part the first time around (thanks, Pont for quoting it) ...does anyone know what stakes are except for you and Stu?

Unless the stakes are laid out to the public, which I don't think they are, it makes it look trivial to outsiders, which is why they might be deriding you.

How big can the battle actually be? You have a well galvanized reputation as a seller so I'm not sure what else the battle could be about for you to get your back up.

It's not just a matter of one person being proved wrong over principle, is it?

Is this all from something that happened on an Ebay chat board ten years ago?Now is'nt that just silly.

Oakman who does'nt understand the silliness of this drama.

Are you asking just me or the others too?

You saw my side. Now go get theirs, and therein you find the asnwers you seek.

CAL who saw this coming...

Cal I'm just trying to understand,so yes I'm asking anyone who will respond to me.I like you Cal and respect you on some level(as much as anyone could on a message board).I guess I'm just intrigued,and maybe a little concerned about the underlying river of bad blood that just seems ridiculous,and the bricks on your shoulders are just weighing you down.When all you need to do is lift those bricks off,and you will feel better.

Oakman who is concerned about Cals well being.

Cal,

I think you might have misread the cause of your issues with Stu, and indeed the whole eBay chat board.

I have been buying/selling/trading CGC books since 2001, with Stu's full knowledge - and have even discussed the philosophy of it with Stu in the past - and yet I have fallen foul of none of the eBay chat crowd? ???

Which was taken from the Seinfeld episode "The Jimmy" :)

Cal,

Explains it. I never watched Seinfeld in it's heyday. I was unplugged for most of the 90's.

Cal,

Explains it. I never watched Seinfeld in it's heyday. I was unplugged for most of the 90's.

Damn Hippy. lol

Cal,

Roy, Stu did not harrass Nick the way he did me, and many ,including Nick, knows this. There is a TON of less-than-forthrightness here in this Thread, but trust me, this is a big battle and the stakes are high for some of us. For me to concede is to let Stu and his anti-CGCers carry the day.

CAL makes his stand

As someone who has been at the heart of some controversy on here (we all have at some point or another) I can tell you that sometimes my own perception of others and reactions outwardly towards others dictated how others reacted back towards me and I probably should have handled situations differently...and going forward I will.

Good point

That still doesn't change the fact that I may have crossed people in the past, sometimes without even realizing it. Those people remember and characterize me that way forever now unless they decide to change the way they see me. They might even view me as the exact opposite way that I view myself to this day.

Good point

The only thing I can do going forward is be the best person that I can be, which most of us are trying to do anyway, every day.

Good point

The ignore button works if you use it. It's a band aid, kind of like taking a pain killer for a headache when you have a much larger underlying symptom causing the headache.

Good point

The only solution is the "turn the other cheek/forgiveness button" until someone wants to fix the problem with you.

Good point in part....

The 3rd option of staying at war is not a solution. It never solves the problem for good. Only option 2 does that.

What if the Option 2 results in someone NEVER wanting to fix the problem with you??? This results in the last choice???

Too many wars have come and gone because people don't have enough patience or have too large of an ego to choose option 2.

Good point

Right now Leo the Lion is looking pretty proud.

:foryou:

Are you a Leo? I am.

Roy you are one of the Best Comics people I ever ran accross, ever. There are a great handful that have tried sincerely to lead the proper way through mature laedership and example. hard to believe that you at one time or another, offended anyone. But as always, I believe anything you tell me.

Just so sad that this has to be this way. But in solace, it is all for a reason.

In a truly savage world, the attacks always come from those trying to climb up. be it stealing veggies from a medeival farmer who is totally defenseless, running a family off of an oil-rich property, or sabotaging a co-worker at the modern workplace, everyone wants what we have. How can they get it? By destroying those who has what they want. Done every day, somewhere. Every minute a huma being is green with envy and jealousy because someone dared to succeed, or is enjoying a grantor's successes.

Many posts by many are disrespectful. But hey, if they can "villify" a Dealer, that means more business for them. Or so they think.

Roy, thanks for your efforts, but let me point out a few things here:

1) notice that the main weapon used against me is the " only one against us"/ " I never had a problem - why you"? as if that is the barometer of right or wrong; That is telling a robbery victim that as they never get robbed, why you? You are the only one that gets robbed?"

2) notice the lack of the response from the " let THEM go first". Trust me they won't. Not just their pride, either. They just don't have that quality in them to do so.

3) notice the ill-willed posts in my Thread. Far more of that than posts of reason. Maybe that sums up this "small community" that I also pointed out many times. The truth hurts as they say.

4) denial is all over the place. Only a brave, honest few dare to speak out here. The rest have run for cover.

I gotta go. Life calls. I will NEVER conced to the plantings of Stu or his kind. I will NEVER quit, nor change my position. Stu was wrong, got kicked off, admit it. That is the first step for resolution. If anyone wants to be asociated with the trolling, libel, etc., then gladly accept your association with the trolls. That is all I really am asking.

CAL gotta run...

I have never once wished you'd die, I don't even hate you.

What a great statement. Everyone should use it. In purple even (thumbs u

I gotta go. Life calls. I will NEVER conced to the plantings of Stu or his kind. I will NEVER quit, nor change my position. Stu was wrong, got kicked off, admit it. That is the first step for resolution. If anyone wants to be asociated with the trolling, libel, etc., then gladly accept your association with the trolls. That is all I really am asking.

CAL gotta run...

Stu was against CGC slabbing in the beginning. You are pro CGC. Stu comes on here and posts all the time now, and although I don't follow his posts around to "know" him very well, I do know that he's fairly knowledgeable about comics. I don't see him bashing anyone because of CGC any more.

Whether he's actually changed his belief or just plays more politically correct on here now, only he knows for sure. You're acting like he stabbed a member of your family.

I do believe that you tend to take things too literally and sometimes miss the finer points while making a big point out of non issues.

For example, Shad made a comical swipe at you with that stripper post and you felt the need to reply to it directly by denying that you'd ever step foot in a strip joint.

Cal is an attention whore.

He can get it here or he can go to his strip club and wave $50 bills around.

Either way, he gets played for a sucker.

you DID tell me to go play in traffic, now deny it. I wished I had bookmarked that thread, but did not.

I am no one's fool. Don't ever forget that. I have my reasons for my zany banter here, and you can be a good part of this, or continue with your nonsense. I would NEVER step in a strip club anyway. never needed to, never will.

CAL with certain standards

To me, it seems you missed the point of the post.

The point was not the strip joint, it was that you would take every opportunity to talk something about yourself and he called it attention whoring.

And you did exactly that.

See how that post was misconstrued? Now multiply that by 10 years of internet chatter.

If the banter is zaney, it's because most people have no clue about what is going on...just little slivers of information making it look zaney from the outside. Not making judgements, just saying to an outsider this looks nuts.

MNSN

How is it the comic community is so small, I've dealt with many of the same people and I have had 0% of this drama?

Easy. There was ONE person that decided to stand up. Apparently that has never happened in your small community before. Very inappropriate behavior was tolerated as long as no one spoke out about the "great one(s)" that was doing the misdeeds. Now everyone is running for cover because of ONE person. Get it? I know you do - you also were there for the eBay comics flame wars.

CAL who does not use " I don't remember" as a crutch

Yes you do.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4995215#Post4995215

MNSN

How is it the comic community is so small, I've dealt with many of the same people and I have had 0% of this drama?

Easy. There was ONE person that decided to stand up. Apparently that has never happened in your small community before. Very inappropriate behavior was tolerated as long as no one spoke out about the "great one(s)" that was doing the misdeeds. Now everyone is running for cover because of ONE person. Get it? I know you do - you also were there for the eBay comics flame wars.

CAL who does not use " I don't remember" as a crutch

Yes you do.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4995215#Post4995215

you need to get a "brain", Brain.

Bringing up something I already apologized TWICE for is not helping anything but putting you in the Troll category.

CAL who can't say what he wants to his Trolling reply...

Cal, I'll try to talk to you directly and rationally to try to get you to understand some reasons of why it's a "you vs many" situation. I've no interest in getting involved in the ongoing but I hope this is helpful.

Your "zany banter" isn't a good form of communication. People don't understand what you're talking about a lot of the time and it's hard to take you seriously when you communicate in such a way.

You've "rubbed people up the wrong way" various times in the past, most recently when you started a crusade to have the forum only include people that you judged worthy. When you literally threaten to get people chucked off of the forum then you will make enemies of not only those people but their friends as well. One person you said you wnated removed was a friend of mine so how do you expect me to think highly of you?

You keep going on about the problems you had with people 10 years ago. To be honest, nobody cares about things that happened 10 years ago, it's ancient history.

Nobody understands what motivates your "crusades". You mentioned the stakes being very high but haven't said what stakes you are talking about. Again with the communication, you don't seem to be able to get any point across clearly at all.

Because of your mannerisms and repeated attempts to reach goals that no one understands, it makes you appear that you are doing it all just for attention.

If you wish to accomplish anything besides yet another battle or if you wish to influence anybodys thoughts or beliefs then you need to drop the "zany banter" and communicate.

This was genuinely intended as a positive post.

Cal, I'll try to talk to you directly and rationally to try to get you to understand some reasons of why it's a "you vs many" situation. I've no interest in getting involved in the ongoing but I hope this is helpful.

Your "zany banter" isn't a good form of communication. People don't understand what you're talking about a lot of the time and it's hard to take you seriously when you communicate in such a way.

You've "rubbed people up the wrong way" various times in the past, most recently when you started a crusade to have the forum only include people that you judged worthy.

INCORRECT. Those who submit comics to the Service that owns this Board should only post. I still stand by that, btw. I NEVER said "worthiness". Please don't put such a "spin" a la SKY.

When you literally threaten to get people chucked off of the forum then you will make enemies of not only those people but their friends as well. One person you said you wnated removed was a friend of mine so how do you expect me to think highly of you?

You keep going on about the problems you had with people 10 years ago. To be honest, nobody cares about things that happened 10 years ago, it's ancient history.

Nobody understands what motivates your "crusades". You mentioned the stakes being very high but haven't said what stakes you are talking about. Again with the communication, you don't seem to be able to get any point across clearly at all.

Because of your mannerisms and repeated attempts to reach goals that no one understands, it makes you appear that you are doing it all just for attention.

If you wish to accomplish anything besides yet another battle or if you wish to influence anybodys thoughts or beliefs then you need to drop the "zany banter" and communicate.

You've "rubbed people up the wrong way" various times in the past, most recently when you started a crusade to have the forum only include people that you judged worthy. When you literally threaten to get people chucked off of the forum then you will make enemies of not only those people but their friends as well.

One person you said you wnated removed was a friend of mine so how do you expect me to think highly of you?

Did this "friend" of yours post something inappropriate? Was s/he wrong? You don't have to think highly of me because I called your "friend" out on something. Just respectable and respect me defending my position(s), however zany they may be...