• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CAL'S Column Early September 2011 Edition - Comics General
2 2

481 posts in this topic

Cal if you use such exclusivity people that have'nt submitted books before will not know the advantages of CGCs benefits.I would not have submitted books had I not known about the boards,so new people joining the boards (whether they are going to sub books or not) is a good thing.

Cal if you use such exclusivity people that have'nt submitted books before will not know the advantages of CGCs benefits.I would not have submitted books had I not known about the boards,so new people joining the boards (whether they are going to sub books or not) is a good thing.

I know where you're coming from, but we all got to start somewhere. I submitted before I even posted here years ago. So it is hard for me to see others doing it that way.

I appreciate your attempts at reasonable questions and posts, but this is far more complex than you could know. I am not trying to shut out Newbies. I am trying to get the trolls out of here. Using any means possible, because they have no direct benefit to this Forum. They should go somewhere else. many are bashing me, but at least I use the Services and use them often.

CAL has more subs in...

CGC is well-known enough now that the new Customers either are or are not going to submit comics. The benefits of submissions are well-known whether or not these Boards even exist, imo.

CAL preparing more comics as he types...

Cal, I'll try to talk to you directly and rationally to try to get you to understand some reasons of why it's a "you vs many" situation.

Your "zany banter" isn't a good form of communication. People don't understand what you're talking about a lot of the time and it's hard to take you seriously when you communicate in such a way.

+10000000

The third person stuff is kinda funny the first couple posts, but you should realize that most readers discount everything you say because of it. It is human nature to have less respect for the arguments of those that communicate in a "less than serious" manner. If you truly want to be taken seriously, communicate properly.

This thread reads like the little brother wanting negative attention. (shrug)

I think it makes you look like an elitist when you want the boards to be populated by individuals who would be foolish enough to pay a $700 fee. Now you want them to only submit books for their entry onto the boards.

You describe your conversation with CGC, which appears to have failed to live up to your expectations. Your ideas are falling on deaf ears, most likely due to them being unrealistic. What could be a discussion comes off as a rant from someone who is a bit off.

You seem like you're really into the hobby and want to expand CGCs acceptance so maybe if you stop the shtick, someone may take you seriously, rather than engaging you in a negative manner.

Your personality does not bode well for listening to a guy on the boards less than a year but rememer I have no dog in this fight.

I know where you're coming from, but we all got to start somewhere. I submitted before I even posted here years ago. So it is hard for me to see others doing it that way.

I appreciate your attempts at reasonable questions and posts, but this is far more complex than you could know. I am not trying to shut out Newbies. I am trying to get the trolls out of here. Using any means possible, because they have no direct benefit to this Forum. They should go somewhere else. many are bashing me, but at least I use the Services and use them often.

CAL has more subs in...

e2a881b0c8a008e44a06a110.L.jpg

This thread reads like the little brother wanting negative attention. (shrug)

I think it makes you look like an elitist when you want the boards to be populated by individuals who would be foolish enough to pay a $700 fee. Now you want them to only submit books for their entry onto the boards.

You describe your conversation with CGC, which appears to have failed to live up to your expectations. Your ideas are falling on deaf ears, most likely due to them being unrealistic. What could be a discussion comes off as a rant from someone who is a bit off.

You seem like you're really into the hobby and want to expand CGCs acceptance so maybe if you stop the shtick, someone may take you seriously, rather than engaging you in a negative manner.

Your personality does not bode well for listening to a guy on the boards less than a year but rememer

I have no dog in this fight.

If you don't want to use your teeth, don't post.

Put me on ignore.

That way my "personality" does not alarm your "sensitive" senses...

CAL just got back from walking his doggie, who happens to be nice as pie...

Kudos to Hammacher Schlemmer.

Several years ago I was suffering from plantar facistis or whatever its called. Its a very painful foot injury that feels like you are walking on pins and needles. I bought this device from hammacher that was supposed to help if you wore it while watching tv or resting. It was slightly effective but the pain didn't go away until I found the right inserts to put in my shoes.

About two weeks ago, I refound this device after it sat in the back of a drawer for a few years. Remembering H@S offered a lifetime warranty on everything, I called them and the operator was able to locate the order number and which credit card I had used. She gave me a return authorization number and today I recieved a full credit for an item I bought at least five years ago :applause:

Help I'm steppin' into the twilight zone

The place is a madhouse

Feels like being blown

My beacon's been moved under moon and star

Where am I to go

Now that I've gone too far

Help I'm steppin' into the twilight zone

The place is a madhouse

Feels like being blown

My beacon's been moved under moon and star

Where am I to go

Now that I've gone too far

Soon you will come to know

When the bullet hits the bone

Soon you will come to know

When the bullet hits the bone

I used to post on the Ebay chat boards a few years ago. In one thread I said that Moon Knight was 'a poor man's Batman'. Some MK fan went completely ballistic :screwy: It was the wild west over there.

I recommend that everybody just chill and find your inner peace.

Kudos to Hammacher Schlemmer.

Several years ago I was suffering from plantar facistis or whatever its called. Its a very painful foot injury that feels like you are walking on pins and needles. I bought this device from hammacher that was supposed to help if you wore it while watching tv or resting. It was slightly effective but the pain didn't go away until I found the right inserts to put in my shoes.

About two weeks ago, I refound this device after it sat in the back of a drawer for a few years. Remembering H@S offered a lifetime warranty on everything, I called them and the operator was able to locate the order number and which credit card I had used. She gave me a return authorization number and today I recieved a full credit for an item I bought at least five years ago :applause:

Best post in this whole thread ^^

You've "rubbed people up the wrong way" various times in the past, most recently when you started a crusade to have the forum only include people that you judged worthy.

INCORRECT. Those who submit comics to the Service that owns this Board should only post. I still stand by that, btw. I NEVER said "worthiness". Please don't put such a "spin" a la SKY.

It's not spin. Allowing those who submit comics to participate in the forum are YOUR standards, not anyone elses. Whether you call it worthiness or something else is just semantics. What I said is not changed by the word you use to describe it.

You've "rubbed people up the wrong way" various times in the past, most recently when you started a crusade to have the forum only include people that you judged worthy.

INCORRECT. Those who submit comics to the Service that owns this Board should only post. I still stand by that, btw. I NEVER said "worthiness". Please don't put such a "spin" a la SKY.

It's not spin. Allowing those who submit comics to participate in the forum are YOUR standards, not anyone elses. Whether you call it worthiness or something else is just semantics. What I said is not changed by the word you use to describe it.

brickwall.jpg

One person you said you wnated removed was a friend of mine so how do you expect me to think highly of you?

Did this "friend" of yours post something inappropriate? Was s/he wrong? You don't have to think highly of me because I called your "friend" out on something. Just respectable and respect me defending my position(s), however zany they may be...

He posted nothing inappropriate unless you deem disagreeing with you to be inappropriate. As far as I can tell, his "offences" were that he didn't own CGC comics, he was new to the boards and he disagreed with you.

..... and for the record, I'd never submitted any comics to CGC before joining the CGC boards. Would I have done that first submition, had I not been able to join the boards because of your proposed policy? I don't know but I do know that it would have been less likely. Why you think preventing potential customers from accessing the boards would be in CGCs best interests is beyond me and you've not done anything that makes me have the slightest understanding of your position. Again, I say that you're communication skills are falling flat and I don't say that to insult you but as honest advice.

How 'bout a little Misfits action?

Walls start closing in around you

My twins of evil

They shake you by the collarbone

Then snap your ribcage

And broken bodies in a death rock dance hall

Please be my partner

Eyeballs pop, accelerated blood beat

Veins 'a' shaking

And all hell breaks loose

Yea, evil is as evil does and who

Yea, who but me could write this book of cruel

I send my murdergram

To all these monster kids

It comes right back to me and it's

Signed in their parents' blood

Yea, my heart is a-breaking loose

Yea, my whole world's breaking loose

Yea, and evil is as does and who

Yea, but who but me could write this book of cruel

I send my murdergram

To all these monster kids

It comes right back to me and it's

Signed in their parents' blood

And broken bodies in a death rock dance hall

Please be my partner

And eyeballs pop, accelerated blood beat

Veins a-shaking

Yea, my heart is a-breaking loose

Yea, evil is as evil does and who

Yea, but who but me could write this book of cruel

I said my whole world's breaking loose

Yea, my whole world's breaking

All hell breaks loose

Walk Among Us will always be my favorite Misfits album for production quality. Beware and PLan 9 are otherwise tied!