• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Forum member TFA1998

27 posts in this topic

Read the thread, get info and help this dude out.

I feel absolutely horrible for the guy, lost everything in this krap storm. The pics just make you so sad..

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5080627&fpart=1

Here's a post from page 4 of the FS thread.

Hijacking this thread for a minute. I've known Allen for nearly 25 years now and consider him a good friend.

I just talked to Allen on the phone. The picture of the house doesn't really look all that bad at first does it? Well look again, those cinder blocks you see in front; that's the foundation of the house! Water moved the house 30 feet off the foundation!

The storm surge was so bad it blew a hole through his barn.

Everything Allen could salvage out of his house didn't fill up the cab of his truck.

Allen's mother's house had 1-1/2 feet of water in it. The water washed out one corner of her house so the house had lowered on that corner. FEMA has told her she should just bulldoze it down.

Allen (nor his mom) didn't have flood insurance so all they have is whatever FEMA will do to help.

My friends, Allen has literately lost everything he owned. Let's please help him out anyway we can. If you don't see a book that you want, then send Allen a PM and donate some money to him if your able.

Thank you,

David

irene2.jpg

irene1.jpg

That's simply heartbreaking - strength to Allen and his family. I know some people affected by Irene in western MA and southern VT, and the power of that storm was simply staggering.

If there's any justice, this thread will receive as much attention here as a certain "chat room" going on 100+ pages...

If there's any justice, this thread will receive as much attention here as a certain "chat room" going on 100+ pages...

+1 on that. :wishluck:

+1 on that. :wishluck:

And another. There are some cool books being offered here. I know Roy just picked up an X-Men 1, there is an All Star 33 that if I could afford I would buy. Lets not let this fall by the wayside.

I just put up 2 books (ASM 46 9.2 and ASM 30 9.0) in the SA/BA thread

Highest bid by 8pm wednesday EST gets each books with 100% going to this Boardie

Even though I dont know him, my heart just aches for the family. I can not begin to imagine the devistation they are feeling

Keep the faith!

Check out my thread and lets dig deep to try and help a little

Dan

I just put up a 2 book lot (ASM 46 9.2 and ASM 30 9.0) in the SA/BA thread

Highest bid by 8pm wednesday EST gets both books with 100% going to this Boardie

Even though I dont know him, my heart just aches for the family. I can not begin to imagine the devistation they are feeling

Keep the faith!

Check out my thread and lets dig deep to try and help a little

Dan

Great effort, Dan. (worship) (worship)