• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Metropolis shipping= NOT fast!

64 posts in this topic

I dont understand the rush with comics. The books will arrive and be forgotten by the next auction. It is that way for all of us. Be patient, I doubt they are doing it on purpose. But they are moving ALOT of books.

Its harder to flip them when they are not in hand.

I dont understand the rush with comics. The books will arrive and be forgotten by the next auction. It is that way for all of us. Be patient, I doubt they are doing it on purpose. But they are moving ALOT of books.

You have been here longer than me to know that is not true. :D

I like to buy things and just let the past owner hang onto them. Cars, houses, paintings....I even do it at the grocery store. I like to fill the cart, go through check out, pay for everything and just leave it there on the conveyor.

It's simpler that way.

It's not life or death obviously but I'm one of those weird people that when they pay their hard earned money, they expect to get what they paid for on a timely manner without having to make numerous phone calls to remind them. I'm weird that way :screwy:

I really dont get the way a LOT of you give these free passes to sellers on shipping. It ain't rocket science. Someone buys something from you and you send it to them when you say you will. Too busy is NOT an acceptable excuse. If you are too busy to ship books, either dont sell them or hire extra help with all the money you're making from the books you are selling so fast you can't find time to ship them IMO. I'm trying to think of any other industry where you can just be too busy to ship the items you're selling and people actually defend that since "what's the big deal???". I can't think of any other off the top of my head.

Just to clarify though before everyone jumps out and says I'm some problem buyer or PITA. I'm not annoyed that it's been over 3 weeks since Ive paid. I'm annoyed that on august 22nd I was told the book would ship in a couple days. 14 days later, I was told the book would go in the mail "TODAY". Now , 8 more days later, it still isn't in the mail. I can take delays and even flat out slow service. Just don't tell me you're holding my book in your hand and it will be mailed today and then not mail it until I call and remind you (thumbs u

This is clearly a new development.....I've made quite a few purchases and had always considered Metro to be one of the fastest shippers in the business. I'd often have my books within a week of placing the order. My latest order has taken longer than usual, could be business is booming with the auctions and all. I noticed that over 600 orders had been placed between my last and next to the last order ( less than 2 weeks), with most ....I assume...consisting of more than one item. That's a LOT of shipping. I'm sure they must be looking for help, but they can't hire just anybody to handle their wares. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

He paid for it and deserves to get it in a reasonable time frame. Who cares what he does with it once he has it in hand?

Ignore him. He pops in here every so often and posts cr@p designed to get a rise out of people.

He paid for it and deserves to get it in a reasonable time frame. Who cares what he does with it once he has it in hand?

Ignore him. He pops in here every so often and posts cr@p designed to get a rise out of people.

Gotcha (thumbs u

My Suscha News books are now entering their second month of not being in my house. Sadness.

Tell me about it! This is a Suscha news Avengers that i CANT WAIT to get in hand :luhv:

Another book i probably wouldnt be as annoyed as i am but when you are talking Suscha news awesomeness, my patience is ZERO! :pullhair:

What are you going to do once you get it? Put it in a box and go look for something else! ?

Actually, it goes on a bookshelf not in a box (thumbs u

1st though, i'll spend a few days holding, rubbing and calling it "my precious" most likely :grin:

No matter what i do with it, i want my freaking book. I paid for it, waited patiently for 2 weeks, called and was told it would be in the mail that day but now 8 days later it still isnt in the mail. Sorry, but that annoys the hell out of me (shrug)

:roflmao:

That's what we do....and we're family...... :ohnoez:

It's not life or death obviously but I'm one of those weird people that when they pay their hard earned money, they expect to get what they paid for on a timely manner without having to make numerous phone calls to remind them. I'm weird that way :screwy:

I really dont get the way a LOT of you give these free passes to sellers on shipping. It ain't rocket science. Someone buys something from you and you send it to them when you say you will. Too busy is NOT an acceptable excuse. If you are too busy to ship books, either dont sell them or hire extra help with all the money you're making from the books you are selling so fast you can't find time to ship them IMO. I'm trying to think of any other industry where you can just be too busy to ship the items you're selling and people actually defend that since "what's the big deal???". I can't think of any other off the top of my head.

Just to clarify though before everyone jumps out and says I'm some problem buyer or PITA. I'm not annoyed that it's been over 3 weeks since Ive paid. I'm annoyed that on august 22nd I was told the book would ship in a couple days. 14 days later, I was told the book would go in the mail "TODAY". Now , 8 more days later, it still isn't in the mail. I can take delays and even flat out slow service. Just don't tell me you're holding my book in your hand and it will be mailed today and then not mail it until I call and remind you (thumbs u

In that case I agree with you. If they stated the book would be shipping, they owe you an explanation or free shipping.

I am just busting stones. Kind of, I am not a Metropolis cheerleader.