• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Metropolis shipping= NOT fast!

64 posts in this topic

...If you a moving A LOT of books and you cant ship them within 5 business days, then you need to hire A LOT of people to make it so,...or maybe cut down on your TV appearances till you get caught up,...but hey they are the #1 one dealer according to many on these boards so maybe I'm wrong,.... (shrug)

joining in the chorus...tomorrow i will be waiting exactly 1 month for books from them. They include some suscha books as well. The *only* slack i would give them at this point is if the books are still at cgc. Other than that im starting to get pissed.

something must be going though since i never had this problem with them in the past...

Good lord, how hard is it to put a dang box in the mail?!?

I ordered a book from them and got an email from Frank August 22nd saying my card was charged and book would ship in the next couple days. No book came so last Monday i called to check and got the "Hmmmm, thats weird, i'm not sure why it never shipped but i have the box right here in my hands and i will make sure it ships out today".

No book came so i called again today to check and after holding for a few minutes literally got the EXACT same " Hmmm, thats weird! I'm not sure why it never shipped but i have the box right here in my hand and will make sure it ships out today."

What are the odds i have to call AGAIN next week to see if it finally shipped??? hm

Money talks. Next time say "weird, I thought I gave you money but I guess it was a figment of my imagination. No wait, that's the credit card company calling you now."

I ordered a book from them and got an email from Frank August 22nd saying my card was charged

Stop right there. After they, and to be fair others like CLink, get their money, they really dont give to much of a flying rats arse about you. You get the book when they get around to it.

There are lots more people to buy books from that have great customer service. But, then again, as Bob Storms says,most people would buy from the Devil himself if he had a book we wanted bad enough.

He paid for it and deserves to get it in a reasonable time frame. Who cares what he does with it once he has it in hand?

Ignore him. He pops in here every so often and posts cr@p designed to get a rise out of people.

Where would these boards be without me??? I built these forums with my bare hands and single handedly increased the fun factor of them 10 fold!!! What have you done??

Im just trying to give someone a bit of reality..it's called collecting reality..you buy something,then put it away and then go look for something else. I'm sure he'll look at it, put it on the floor,pull his pants down,rub one out, then take another scan of it and post it on XXXCGCCOMICSXX.Com for others to OOOooo AHhhh over it.

Time is the only true friend that an auction house can say they have. Its easy for anyone to shill their own books, so immediate payment to sellers would be suicidal. Buyers for the most part take some time to get funds together and send payment, but chargebacks and stopped payments are truly only combated by waiting. A month after receiving payment almost assures that its ok to ship. As a seller in CC's last auction ending 8/9/11, I am still waiting for payment in full, I did receive most after 1 month, but still waiting for a good deal more. I was told I can not get paid until the books ship. They are buying time and earning interest on funds in limbo for sure.

As a seller in CC's last auction ending 8/9/11, I am still waiting for payment in full, I did receive most after 1 month, but still waiting for a good deal more. I was told I can not get paid until the books ship. They are buying time and earning interest on funds in limbo for sure.

Believe me, at today's rates no auction house is holding onto funds to collect interest.

I think an alternative explanation is that the houses that are slow to ship are woefully understaffed in the shipping department.

Still waiting for my CC auction wins from August, paid for by credit card.

As a seller in CC's last auction ending 8/9/11, I am still waiting for payment in full, I did receive most after 1 month, but still waiting for a good deal more. I was told I can not get paid until the books ship. They are buying time and earning interest on funds in limbo for sure.

Believe me, at today's rates no auction house is holding onto funds to collect interest.

I think an alternative explanation is that the houses that are slow to ship are woefully understaffed in the shipping department.

Still waiting for my CC auction wins from August, paid for by credit card.

Has your card been charged?

I was curious to know how they were with sending out payments. It appears that department is pretty slow , as well. In contrast- I recieved an email from Bob Storms on a Weds night telling me a book I had on consignment with him had sold, and had the check in hand on Friday.

What tier shipping did you use? I bought a book not too long ago and they told me they were backed up, therefore, I decided to pay for the 2-day shipping and it arrived in that time. I agree that they would greatly benefit from having more than two people on their staff handling sales; it takes forever for to get someone to respond to a request for a detailed description on a book but I’ve never had an issue to this extent with them. Although, I’ve only purchased from them about 3 times in the past 6 months so my customer interaction with them is very limited. I hope you get your book (thumbs u

Hello

Stephen and I wanted to address your well warranted grievances. Our staff has been working feverishly to get orders out in a timely fashion. Last week we worked the entire weekend on inventory and shipping to catch up. From organizing to packing, charging to shipping we have all lent our efforts to getting your orders out.

Between the Event Auction, Monthly Auctions, regular sales, San Diego and Chicago we have fallen behind. We have implemented many new strategies to ensure this does not happen again. Strategies like hiring new employees and moving existing employees off of less timely projects and onto shipping. We are working our way out of the delays and hope to be back up to speed within the next two weeks.

We are constantly tweaking our operations to maximize the number of orders that go out each day. The last year or two our business has increased dramatically and to be quite candid, we are going through growing pains. Any of you who know me well know that customer service is of the utmost importance to me. It is the foundation of a good business and it matters greatly.

I realize you are upset and frustrated and that is not what I want. Vintage comic books should be fun and profitable. If you have experienced a delay please email me directly at vincentz@comicconnect.com and I will bring your order directly to my shipping manager and we will do our best to get your order out in an expedient manner. If you would like to discuss on the phone, please call me at 212-260-4147 ext 14.

If there is a silver lining to be found in all this it is that the vintage comic book market is very healthy and sales are robust. I hope when you receive your comic books you will be happy with your purchases.

Sincerely,

Vincent Zurzolo

See, you come online and complain on a internet chatboard and things get done!!! lol

Book just arrived finally :cloud9:

Nice book. Just curious, will you be dealing with them again?

Most likely. The delay, while annoying, wasn't nearly long enough for me to write them off for good. Like i said before, the delay wasn't what annoyed me, it was telling me it was going in the mail that day and not sending it. If it hadn't arrived this time and I had to call again, I would probably have written them off but since they obviously sent it the day they said they would this time, I'm happy.

It took longer than expected but overall I'm happy now. Especially seeing them actually respond here and via PM at least acknowledging the problem and taking some steps to resolve them. Thas all I can really ask for and expect so they will get repeat Business from me (thumbs u