• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The most disappointing comic you own?

60 posts in this topic

The Dark Knight Strikes again.

Trust me. It's not as bad as Batman Odyssey.

I started focusing on collecting Adams' classic late SA and BA comics around 1980, and I made the naive assumption that he'd keep on creating masterworks all throughout the new decade. Well, I got my timing completely wrong there, didn't I? lol Skateman, Ms. Mystic, Continuity's output in general - one astonishingly awful, unreadable disappointment after another. :(

I started focusing on collecting Adams' classic late SA and BA comics around 1980, and I made the naive assumption that he'd keep on creating masterworks all throughout the new decade. Well, I got my timing completely wrong there, didn't I? lol Skateman, Ms. Mystic, Continuity's output in general - one astonishingly awful, unreadable disappointment after another. :(

I think this panel pretty much says it all.

odyssey-suspicion.jpg

Deconstructing the Complete and Utter Insanity of 'Batman: Odyssey'

I think this panel pretty much says it all.

odyssey-suspicion.jpg

Deconstructing the Complete and Utter Insanity of 'Batman: Odyssey'

I avoided actually buying Adams' books in the 80s, but I wavered and bought the first couple of issues of this train wreck. God almighty. doh!

Bendis on DD and New Avengers was good. I have nothing after that..

Haaaaaaaaaated Bendis DD.

Why? I thought it was great.

I also enjoyed Ultimate Spidey alot up thru the first 40 or so issues. And the Clone stuff (around the 100's) was really good.

+10000000000000000000000000

+1

I'm glad I got it for free via the local library (although I'll never get the time back that I spent reading it). I literally could not believe that the same person wrote this also wrote the book that it was a sequel to (TDKR).

I cracked this one to read it. Should have left it in the slab:

FightComics35.jpg

And this one should be slabbed to prevent anyone from reading it:

CityoftheLivingDead.jpg

That is the line of the day. ALMOST makes me want to read it, just out of the sheer badness of it...

Bendis on DD and New Avengers was good. I have nothing after that..

Haaaaaaaaaated Bendis DD.

Why? I thought it was great.

I also enjoyed Ultimate Spidey alot up thru the first 40 or so issues. And the Clone stuff (around the 100's) was really good.

This is the quick, I'm at work and on an iPad and gonna enjoy my weekend response,

But dialogue intensive, never darkening the door of the courthouse, ignoring his ninjaed and catholic past, unable to finish a story arc well, and badly aped Tarantino disjointed continuity made for a very sad Ogami.

I mean, come on, he told the epic story of the return of the hand as an after the fact second hand tale told over a cup of coffee. This ain't Annie hall, people. This is the man without fear.

hm

I like Odyssey. (shrug) Sure it's a bit convoluted at times, but it makes it better and more interesting read. The story and art are great as always. I mean it's Neal Adams.

Why don't you like it?

Dark Knight Strikes Again is terrible. I'm pretty sure he was drunk when he wrote/drew that.