• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Reholder? Book seems loose inside deep GA holder.

4 posts in this topic

I recently bought a slabbed copy of Rangers #40 on ebay. It came in a deeper holder than what I normally see. I had never seen one before. I wasn't even sure if it was authentic but apparently it is for GA books. It seems as if there is a lot of space between the front and back of the holder so the book is not held flat. It actually looks a little wavy. I'm concerned that over time the book will stay this way. Does anyone know if this is normal for these deeper welled holders? I'm wondering that if I have it reholdered I will just get it back the same way.

I've seen some that way. Looks to be the norm for some oversized books, I've seen some slabs where the inner well is set diagonal from front to back but the book is still in the rigid holder so nothing errant happens to it.