• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Christmas Gifts?

71 posts in this topic

Ok, so what's everyone gotten? I got nothing comic related..mostly b/c my parents think it's nuts to buy comics for big $. Anyways, I got a new PC for the house, some clothes, some new rims for my car, and the PS2 internet adapter smile.gif

Here's hoping tomorrow brings more good stuff tongue.gif

Brian

Well...I've got no illusions...My wife will NEVER buy me comics for Christmas. NEVER. She says she doesn't know anything about them so she won't buy them. And that includes gift certificates to comic stores.

What I did get? Top of the line knife set. New PS2 game. New black leather jacket and other assorted clothing items. Great Christmas overall!

Jim

As my family r a bunch of penny pinchers like myself, I was happy to receive functional gifts (no comics). Combo mouse pad w/ built in solar powered calculator (so I can calc. how much I owe on eBay & PayPal fees) & 2 movie gift tickets. Lord of the Rings 2 here I come. smile.gif

I am currently at my..well for lack of anything better to say..redneck relatives..my uncle is a major coin collector..I don't think he collects for value though..he was talking about a 1914-D Penny that he was thinking about getting graded..well..that's it..no real story just wanted to say that I know someone who collects coins tongue.gif

Brian

Sure I'll play the game of what I got for Christmas - semi-comic related: Simpsons Season 2 on DVD. Also got the Mad Magazine Archives from DC comics and the Road to Perdition graphic novel. I usually get one or two comic related items each Christmas.....

Ahhh...The Simpsons Season 2 seems to be a popular item. Yes, I got it as well. Spidey Collector's DVD was also a goodie.

Non-Comic Related: New boots, football jersey's, some clothes, DVD's, tool kit

Comic related: OSGG, Mylite2's and Fullbacks, Sandman TPB's , Trip to the Penalty Box shocked.gif

Very good Xmas for me. I hope everybody had a great holiday as well!!!

Chris

I got the spiderman dvd, and a $50 gift certificate to the local comic store for comic-related stuff...

I got the coolest bottle opener ever: It's a Homer Simpson bottle opener that as soon as it touches metal you hear Homer going "Mmmmm Beer!! WooHoo!!!!"

Also got the LOTR extended dvd and the nicoderm cq patch(1 months worth).

If I could actually stop smoking and stayed stopped..I would give back all my presents I think(except for the bottle opener)

yeah, another patch, a cigarette, or....punch someone in the face.

I tend to get rather irratable.

I've heard about that drug, haven't failed enough yet to actually try it. This time, I WILL quit(Have to at least tell myself that)

Quitting smoking is easy.....I've done it many times grin.gif yeah, I know old joke. Seriously, it is hard and you have found the key to success....keep trying. You will eventually succeed.

After I quit I had nightmares for many years that I was smoking again. I would wake up after dreaming that I was smoking and reassure myself that I had not started again.

Good luck

Relative to comic books, I got a Dynamic Forces limited edition Marvel print, a leatherbound "Marvel - it's heroes and characters" book (not sure of the exact title, but it's huge and has screenshots from the Spidey movie, the X-men movie, the failed FF movie amongst other things), a couple Spidey notepads, and a Golden Age Timely from the Devil's Lake collection. (Ok, it's true, I bought this for myself but it arrived Christmas eve and is sitting with the rest of my presents - nice looking book once I cleaned the moldy butter stains off it. wink.gif )

Got some dvd's (Frailty, South Park Season 1, State and Main), an Elvis Costello cd (Mighty Like a Rose), U2's greatest hits, Stephen Kings new book, and multiple Buffalo Bill and St. Louis Blues shirts and jerseys. Ho Ho Ho!